Late Childhood

Chapter 3 : Late Childhood

After a little while we found ourselves in a clearing in the forest. "Sooo what are we going to do?" Haku said excitedly, "Well first we need to start with unlocking your chakra" I said. "And how am I supposed to do that" Haku replied sarcastically "well... the way I did it was by meditation" I replied.

"Meditation what's that?" He has ask curiously.
"You basically just sit down and clear your head of all thoughts" I replied, "sounds boring" he whined. "But you have to do it" I quipped cheerfully. "Just be glad I won't be whacking you on the head with a stick!" I said with a glint in my eyes, (I always wanted to whack somebody on the head). Haku shivered in fear.

"Anyway you also will be looking into yourself so to say" I continued, "you need to find your chakra it should feel like a warm feeling or so I am told" I finished. "What do you mean?" Haku asked confusingly with question mark 's above his head (did he somehow used a genjutsu without chakra... Wait is that how the sunset works 🤔 -DOT-DOT-DOT- oh dear god help us).

"Well to me my chakra feels warm as well it feels cold but it does have to do with our family" I answered him. "And what does our family have to do with it" haku asked Even more curious. "I need you to promise to never tell this to anyone and I mean anyone but your mother and make sure that no one is around" I said sternly "What about dad" he asked with worry in his eyes "especially your father" I said in a no nonsense tone.

"If anyone outside of our mother's or my dad's bloodline finds out about this we will be in serious danger" I said with a sad look in my eyes.
"Why is that" he asked fearfully, I put my hand on his shoulder and said "it's okay, it's just that people are afraid of what our family's can do" I said with a gentle smile trying to reassure him.

I looked around to check to see if anybody was around finding nobody I began, "it's because we have a kekkei genkai or a bloodline technique, the ice release" said seriously. "You cannot allow anybody to know not even your own mother, wait until she comes to you about it then tell her that you know and make sure that your father doesn't know" I finished. "But why won't dad understand" he asked with a hurt look in his eyes.

"You don't know about this but kiri hates bloodline abilities, they killed almost our entire clan we are possibly the last of the yuki clan" I said remorsefully and with a downcast look. "Wait kiri killed our family", haku started, in a whisper, "BECAUSE WE CAN CONTR-", before he can finish his sentence I covered his mouth.
"Shhhh quiet that is a quick way to make people know about it you are putting us all in danger" I said in a hush tone.

"Here let me just put this silencing seal on you then you can rant all you want, ok?"as I hold up a seal, (still covering his mouth). Haku then nodded in agreement as I place the silencing seal on his forehead "ok fire away" I said.

As I finished My little brother began going on a rant about how stupid people are, (at least that's what I think he is doing can't because he's mute at the moment... Duh).

So while he's doing that I might as well go over my skill sets while I wait, seeing that it's been a while.

(Fuinjutsu level: 6, soon to be 7.)
(Taijutsu level: modest, need more practice.)
(Kenjutsu level: nonexistence, I just got my sword for crying out loud.)
(Stealth: modest, I was able to steal some snacks from mom without being caught.)
(Chakra control: I can do water walking and starting the kunai balancing exercise.)
(Genjutus: good but can be better.)
(Ninjutus: 5 water techniques, 3 wind techniques, 3 lightning techniques, 1 ice technique, 1 fire technique, and no earth technique)
(Kekkei genkai: low, I can make ice with some difficulty.)

When I finished with my mental listing my little brother finished his little rant (or big rant judging by his look of exhaustion). "You good little bro" I said with a gentle look. "Yeah just having to come to terms with it" haku said with a downcast look.