Follies at the Coven Day Parade

ابدأ من البداية

"Uh..." Luz chuckles nervously, sits back up. "Haven't used the door yet. Waiting for a good moment, you know?"

Owlbert hoots. Luz looks up just in time to see Eda and King flying towards her on her staff.
"Later, taters!"

Luz turns around to kiss Amity on the cheek, making her blush. Luz then rides off with Eda and King, Y/n following behind.

Amity happily sighs. "Hmm?"

Amity notices the phone Luz had left behind on the staircase. Luz's video is displayed on the screen.

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

Luz, Eda Y/n and King fly towards Bonesborough on her staff.

"Come on, Luz. There's no way your mom will make you leave the Demon Realm!"
"Yeah! When she meets us, I'll make sure to put on the charm... that turns people into obedient zombies."
"No Eda."

The four land at the market place in Bonesborough, and Luz notices a lot of Coven Scouts around.

"Woah, what's going on?"
"They're probably prepping for the annual Coven Day Parade. Floats, streamers, fireworks–"
"Ah, it's just a fancy way to kiss the Emperor's..."

Eda almost blurts out a bad word. She looks at Luz, who squints at her judgingly while covering King's ears.

"...Whatever. I'm just here to pick something up."

Eda and Y/n walk off, with King following. Luz stops, spotting Kikimora, who is speaking into a crow phone.

"Mother, please! No, I'm not seeing anyone. Yes, I'm standing up straight. Listen, I can't come home. If I don't lead this parade, Belos will end my– No! No, of course I miss everybody. I... What? I can't choose! Hello? Mother? Mother?"

Luz runs off to join the three. They are in front of a stand called Private Inspectergator.

"Hey, Luz! I know what'll cheer you up."
"Aw, no bread puns today, buddy."
"What? No. I'm talkin' about hot goss, girl!"

He leaps onto the counter as the stand owner hands over a file to Eda.
"Hot goss buns. Bread pun. Guess why we're here!"
"King?"

"Eda hired someone to spy on her ex!"
"Did you read my diary?!"
"And they're Head Witch of the Bard Coven!"

Eda covers her ears. "Stop it! Stop it, stop it!"
"And they also–"
"Yes! They secretly led a rebel group against the Emperor and got captured! I was there!"

"Ooh. I didn't read that far."
Luz gasps, becoming starry eyed, before collapsing to the ground.

"Well, good job. You broke Luz."
"It was the... yeast I could do."
"Stalking your ex, Eda?"

Y/n smiled much to Eda's worry, Eda chuckled nervously as she slowly moved behind King.

Luz reads from the file handed to Eda.

"And then Raine battled their fellow coven heads? And sacrificed everything to save Eda? It's just like Hecate and Azura in book 5!"

Eda grabs the folder back from Luz.
"According to this, Raine is still working with the Emperor's Coven which doesn't make sense. They were seen as a traitor!"
"Maybe you can ask them about it. Look!"

Luz points to a Coven Day Parade billboard, which has an image of Raine on it.

"If they're here for the parade, they'll probably be surrounded by scouts. Oh, we'd need someone on the inside to lend us a hand."
"Hmm."