Chapter 18

(Val's POV)

I stare in fear when a giant hand pops out of the bag. Jack pulls himself out of the bag, but he's way more different than before. Standing up, he is very tall. Like more than ten times our size.

"Holy frijoles," Puss mutters, still holding onto the map with Kitty.

Jack kicks the bag away and says, "I was worried for a second I would come out naked, but my clothes grew, too. Cool." He uses his fingers to grab the map and lift it into the air, along with Puss and Kitty. "Thank you," he says before flinging the two cats away.

Luckily, Papa Bear catches them before they can reach the barrier surrounding the star. Staring up at Jack, I quickly back away and stand with the others, grabbing my sword in the process.

"The last wish. It's mine," Jack says victoriously as he holds the map in his hands. Words appear on the map and he begins to read them out loud. "'Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight..."

I gasp when I see Perrito running over to Jack. "Perrito!" I shout to him. I look back at Puss and Kitty. "We need to do something."

"What about your wish?" Puss asks.

"That's not important now. We can't have Jack make his wish." I say. After a second of thinking, I hold my sword. "Grab on. I'll throw you up there."

Jack continues to read off the words on the map. But Perrito stops him by shouting, "Senor Horner! Please don't make that wish. Please?" As he says this, he tries to widen his eyes.

My guess is that he's trying to do that cute stare Puss and Kitty can do.

"Wh-what are you doing?" Jack asks, looking down at Perrito.

"Please..." Perrito says, trying to get it right.

"Seriously, are you having a hernia or something?" Jack asks.

"Pretty please..." Perrito finally stares up at Jack with his eyes dilated and ears back.

Jack stares, almost admiring Perrito's eyes. "They're such pools of vulnerability. "It's so cute...how you think that would work on me." His admiration changes to hatred before leaning down to look at Perrito. "Don't you know, I'm dead inside? By the way, your nose is bleeding."

Perrito looks down at his nose and wipes the blood off. "Oh. I was just buying some time for Team Friendship."

With that said, I run over to Jack with Puss and Kitty holding onto the blade of my sword.

"Team what?" Jack asks.

I swing my sword up, and the two cats fly up to Jack, who tries to grab them with his other hand. Puss and Kitty fly past his hand and fall down with their swords out.

What I don't expect to see is them stab their swords into Jack's thumbs, right under the nails. I wince with Goldi and the three bears.

"Spanish Splinter!" Puss and Kitty shout before pulling their swords out.

Jack screams in pain and lets go of the map.

Puss and Kitty jump down and grab the map. I run over and grab the map with them. Sadly, we have to do what needs to be done. There wouldn't be time for me to make my wish with Jack being that big.

We nod at one another and tear the map up into little pieces. The pieces of the map fly around and the star starts to crumble.

"What have you done? No!" Jack says as he grabs at the many pieces. "The map! My wish!"