Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"Finally!" Anna says opening up the door, rushing out. I laugh. "You're so impatient."

"Yeah well, it's the beach. What do you expect?" I nod. I pop the trunk of the car open. Anna grabs the towels and shuts the trunk.

We head down to the beach. I smile as the warm crisp ocean breeze hits us as we find a nice spot on the sand.

We lay out our towels. I slowly strip down until I am in my bathing suit. I take off my flip flops and start walking towards the ocean.

I wiggle my toes in the warm sand as I stand at the shoreline. Gosh, I love the beach.

"You coming in?" I look over at Anna. "Nah, I am gonna work on my tan." I roll my eyes. "Suit yourself." I reply walking into the nice cool ocean.

I walk out to where the waves crash down only at my hips. I swim around and the next thing I know is I am being tugged underwater.

I kick and scratch at the thing that is pulling me down. I swim up to the surface, coughing and gagging at the ton of salt that went down my throat.

"Geez you really know how to hurt someone. Ow." I hear a voice say beside me. Oh good lord please tell me it's not him. I turn to my right confirming my suspension.

"Zach!" I fake excitement. He scowls at me. "Love the excitement." he mutters sarcastically. "Why are you here?"

"Well I texted you and Anna replied. She invited me to the beach... She didn't tell you?" I shake my head. That sneaky little snake.

"Sooooooo...." Zach says, scratching the back of his head. "Should I leave?" he continues on, as his hand goes in the water moving it around. He watches his hand, but glances at me.

I groan inwardly, why must Anna do this. I rub my temples before saying, "You might as well, it would be a waste of gas money if you had to drive here for nothing." He nods, agreeing. Glancing at him I see a slight victorious smirk. Cocky jerk.

I waded a little farther into the ocean, where my feet barely touches the sand. I close my eyes as a salty ocean breeze hits me. Ah it feels so calming. I hear some water being disturbed near by, I open one eye seeing it is Zach. Well it was calming.

I see Zach stare out beyond the ocean, possibly looking at the horizon. My open eye closes as I inhale deeply. It was silent, other than the sound of seagulls cawing and the waves of the ocean crashing. It felt very serene, so calming. I let out a deep breath.

I feel eyes on me, not sure what this feeling is, I open my eyes looking around. I turn seeing Zach grinning at me. I don't think I like that grin, I could tell there is something he is planning. Not sure what, but I know I don't like it already.

His grin turns into a genuine smile, hmm not sure what is going on in his mind. He starts swimming around me, his hand grazing my thigh. I shiver. Ew stop it, get yourself together. He may be highly attractive, but he is just a school player.

I watch as he swims farther into the ocean. Even though watching his muscles flex as he swims is a very nice view, he shouldn't be swimming out that far.

"Zach, what are you doing? " I hear a quiet laugh, he is getting pretty far. I can feel myself get ansy at how far he is. "You are getting pretty far out there. Why don't you come back?" I say a little to loud.

"Why? Are you getting scared? " he says as I squint my eyes to see his face. "No, but it's dangerous." I reply as I swim backwards a little so my feet would completely touch the ground.

I hear a laugh. "So you're scared?" I raise a eyebrow, "Why would I be scared?" I reply a little to confidently. Even though I am thinking about all the dangerous things that could be in the ocean. "Then why swim back some?" I couldn't reply, I am slightly scared, but I wasn't going to tell him that.

"I knew it. " I could hear the smirk in his tone. " Whatever. " I fold my arms across my chest. " Fine, if you aren't scared then swim out here. " Boy am I gonna show this jerk up.
I look to see how far he actually is, and I see him right beside the booie. I gulp, here goes nothing. I start swimming in his direction.