Chapter 36: Leaving!

Comincia dall'inizio

"Guess somethings never change" Brock joked "I think you should run after him before you loose him on the way"
"Yeah you're right" You said in frustration "Oh and Brock?"
"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry....I know it's the wrong time and i should've apologized to you a lot earlier but I couldn't and now, as we don't know when we will see each other again, i want to properly apologize....I'm sorry for rejecting you like that earlier, but I couldn't just accept your proposal, you're like a friend to me"
"It's okay Y/N, I understand. Trust me" He said resting his hand on your shoulder "It's okay to fall for Drew, i clearly got carried away too"
"H-how do you know that I like Drew?"
"I mean isn't it obvious? Plus Ash told me that you and Gary had something going on in between of you two and Drew was kind of like Gary, so it's understandable"

"Something going on between? You and Ash clearly mistook! Me and Gary were only friends, sure I might've liked him as a child but we never had anything going on"
"Ash's too dense to get this things ugh" Brock groaned at his friend's stupidity "anyways, I'll off to Pewter City now, see ya soon, Y/N and Arlo!"
"Bye Brock! I'll miss you!" Arlo waved
"Yeah me too!" You smiled before turning around "let's go and catch up to Ash"

You and Arlo ran down the road hoping to find Ash somewhere, only to see him standing infront of a rock looking at an empty place with another guy...?
"Gary?! Is that you?!" You and Arlo exclaimed seeing him after such a long time
"Y/N? What're you doing here?"
"I-I was trying to f-find Ash" you said panting after all that running you did "what about you?"
"I was just heading back to Gramps, see you both there" he waved walking away

"You challenged him to a battle didn't you?"
"Yeah I did" Ash admitted "He said he'll battle in Professor's lab"
"It'll be fun seeing you two battle after such a long time!"

The three of you managed to get back to Pallet Town and soon enough, just as you expected, Gary and Ash started battling in the field and Ash had to lose to him and Gary had to give some motivational speech of his to motivate Ash before leaving for Sinnoh which made Ash decide that's he's going to head there too

"So Y/N! Arlo! You both coming with me to the Sinnoh?"
"C'mon Ash, give us atleast a two days break!"
"Ugh fineee"
"Now I'll get to have you home for two days!" Ash's mother said happily
"We're heading back to our home now, see ya soon Ash"

You and Arlo walked down the road and soon reached you guys' house which were just opposite to each other
"I'll ask mom if i can join you and Ash to sinnoh again or not and tell you at night"
"Sure and show them your pokémons"
"Definitely!" The kid ran inside his house as you did too.

The relationship between you and your parents was turned back to normal again after they apologized to you a lot, so without minding them much, you ate your breakfast and slept the entire day, only to start packing and organise your room.

"Am I disturbing?" You heard a familiar voice peeking through the half opened door
"Arlo? Oh come in, I was just gonna unpack this bag i probably didn't cleaned since I left for Hoenn"
"So that means you'll find things you probably didn't knew you owned"
"Probably, anyways, did your mom gave you permission?"
"Yeah! She did! That's why I came over but now I'm gonna see what hidden gem you're going to find"

"Sureee" you said turning your bag upside down, letting all the things fall on your bed "woah! How much can this bag hold?!"
"That's like a treasure box!"

You first threw the trash and then started going through the things "there's my Hoenn badge case and my three ribbon cases, all going to the shelf"
"What's that?" He pointed at a prize
"Hey! That's honorary citizenship certificate I got from the pokéringer tournament back when we both used to travel alone!"
"You still kept it here?"
"Guess I forgot about it" you started to shuffle through some random pics and accessories "there's my pokéballs i let that old man craft in Johto i forgot his name but he's a nice fellow"

"Hey, what's this picture?" Arlo asked picking a photo up and gasped "Y/N! Look at this!"
You curiously took the picture and looked at it "Me, you, Drew, Harley and Solidad?" You thought before gasping "we took this a few days before my first grand festival!"
"I know right! It's been so long since then"

You fell back on your bed looking at the ceiling "you know, it really has been a long time....you and me running away from Johto to Hoenn then making new friends, somehow then because of you I met Drew....who knew that he will become one of my closest friends? Then we befriended Harley and Solidad. I completed my gym challenges and win five ribbons before entering the grand festival and winning it...then Ash and the others came, we travelled together, i lost in the festival and in the league.
Just when we thought none of us would meet each other again, suddenly Scott came out of nowhere telling about Battle Frontier then you know the rest"

You got up looking at the picture again while Arlo listened to your talking "it's gonna be hard, not being able to travel like that again, I got too attached to everyone and now hearing May, Drew, Harley and Solidad leaving for Johto while we all will go to sinnoh just feels weird, we all were together just a few days ago too and now, were leaving for the next adventure"

"It's gonna be hard not seeing Max around too, i got attached to him as well, he was my best friend" Arlo frowned getting down from the bed
"Let's just forget about it and think about all the stuffs we will do in this new region!"
"You're right! There's no need to sulk over the past!"
"Exactly! I gotta go now, see ya" He waved walking out of the door "and the rose inside your bag was from Drew right?" He quickly said dashing out of the house
"Arlo! Gosh you're so annoying!" You said taking the rose Drew gave you before leaving

"We will meet again, Drew! Just you wait!"

.....

Words: 1818
Published: 12/11/23
Updated: --/--/--