36) See you again (book 4)

Start from the beginning

I sit down on the grass and feed them some food when I hear foot steps behind me.

I turn around to see that it is Lord Zuko and quickly scramble to my feet so that I can bow,"Hallo, Lord Zuko."

He waves a hand and tells me stop bowing every time we cross paths too which I just smile.

I respect him too much to stop showing him respect even if he says that we're family.

"What brings you here?"I ask as he takes a seat on a bench a couple of meters away and pats the seat next to him.

I sit down and he gives me a small smile,"I always like to go here when I need some time to think. It seems that you have picked up on that habit too. What is bothering you, child?"he asks and I run a hand through my hair.

"Is it that obvious?"I ask with a small smile.

"No, Not so much with you, but Iroh is like a reflection of whatever you are feeling. He's been grovelling and frowning ever since you left the breakfast hall."He smiles and I shake my head,"So what is wrong?"

"I'm scarred of what my family is going to think of me when I tell them what I did back in the earth kingdom, who I have become, what I have become."I admit and Lord Zuko places a hand on my shoulder.

"Everything you have ever done was to save the people and fight for justice. If your family is going to give you a hard time for that then you know that you can always count on us. I know how it feels to make hard decisions that your loved ones don't always agree with."he explains and I thank him.

"The I'll leave you be. See you when you come back."Lord Zuko says and I help him up.

"Thank you."I bow my head and he walks away.

I already packed a travel bag with all my necessities and soon Iroh, his mother and I are on the way to the United Nations main ship.

The boat ride took about two days and when I started seeing Republic City in the horrizan I felt like I was going throw up from nervousness.

Iroh seemed to notice when he started rubbing my back,"It's going to be okay."

"What if it isn't? Writing letters is way different than meeting in person and with Kuvira being there too. How do I know that I won't loose control? And what if Kuvira try's something funny?"I ask and he shakes his head.

"It's going to be okay. I'll be there for you."he repeats again and I let out a steady breath.

We finally make it into the port, after what felt like forever, and it feels good to touch solid ground again.

When we arrived the president was already waiting for us with an police escort.

"Lord Zumi, Prince Iroh thank you for coming,"he says shaking their hands and then turns to me,"Sophie you haven't been here for a while. You've been missed."

We shake hands and I thank him.

"Let us go to the plaza. Almost everyone is already there for the coronation."he says and leads us to a bunch of cars.

Lord Zumi gets into the car in front of us and we get in the one behind her's.

Once we're settled in and start driving, Iroh grabs my hand and gives it a squeeze.

"It'll be okay."I tell myself and he nods.

"It'll be okay."

Once we get to the plaza, someone else takes our bags and we're led to our rooms.

Well Lord Zumi is led to one of the presidential suites while we get one lower but still absolutely gorgeous suit.

Iroh and I share a room as we have been doing so at the palace for a while now.