2.4 - those red eyes

Start from the beginning

"Would you guys still love me if I were quirkless?" Your voice was shaky with nerves.

Ah, you ruined it.

"Huh?"

"Why would you ask that?"

You began to shuffle out of the hug, now feeling tense and cold again. Oh. Oh. Suddenly, this isn't such a safe space.

You knew it. You knew they would think of you differently if they found out who you were before you manifested your quirk. The girl who pretended to be flirty and outgoing was previously a quirkless loser, huh?

Someone looped their arm under your wings and around your back, which caused you to turn your head. Your black eyes met those tired violet irises, and you quickly turned away. "I- I'm sorry for asking, it's just–"

"What are we, five?" Shinsou finally said. "Look, you'd still be the same person, wouldn't you?"

He was repaying your favor that you did for him all those weeks ago.

"Right!" Aina fervently grabbed two of your hands and brought them to her chest. "You would still be my BFF, alright? Nothing would change that. You could kill my cat, and I would still love you."

Shioza side-eyed Aina. "Maybe that's a little too far, Tsumeko-chan..."

"You can do it, [first name]-chan!"

"Thank you!" you slightly bowed again, a smile on your face. "But please don't say I can beat him. You guys are going to make me get cocky and it'll be more embarrassing when I lose..."

"You deserve to be confident in your abilities!" Ruyami exclaimed.

...

And now here you are, standing directly in front of your biggest adversary: Bakugou Katsuki, that asshole. The asshole that bullied Izuku, the asshole that insulted you, the asshole that stole a year and a half from your life. You glared at him, and he returned it.

His glare was so scary, like he practiced that ugly mug in his mirror everyday, or something. "Fuck," you heard him mutter. "Not so confident now, pesty bitch?" he jeered.

"P- Pesty bitch?" Your face twisted unpleasantly. "What happened to a pig in lipstick?" you bitterly scowled.

"Huh?"

"Go easy on me, alright?" you anxiously chuckled, trying to be funny. "Or you might put me into another coma...! Haha...!"

"Fuck are you talking about??!"

"Start!"

Again, you flew up, distancing yourself from the boy. He jumped up at you, using his quirk to propel himself up to your altitude. "Fucking COWARD!" he contemptuously yelled as he neared you, shooting strong blasts at you. You just barely managed to avoid them, but one explosion got your left leg and it hurt like hell. It stung so bad.

He jumped up again, and when he reached the peak altitude, you aimed to kick him in the balls. Your foot rapidly approached his forbidden area, but he was able to swiftly grab your ankle with two hands before it made contact. He dragged you to the ground.

"Playin' dirty, huh?" he growled as he seared your leg with his burning palms. While he was standing upright, you kept your hands steadily on the ground, holding yourself up. You thrusted your upper body up with your arms.

What he wasn't expecting was for you to twist your leg in his grip, using his tight hold as an anchor to pivot your other leg overhead. You brought it down, smashing your heel onto the top of his head.