I already know why his doing this because despite how much I bitch about him being an annoying ticket - happy cop, his still a good one and a great guy.

Of course, he would want to help a woman in need.

He doesn't need to tell me. This is why I wanted to avoid having this conversation.

He grabbed my waist and gently held me down, not letting me jump off and walk away like I wanted to do, and continued.

“I'm helping you because from the first moment I saw you, I wanted you. I don't know how to explain it, it's just what I felt. I looked at you and the word mine kept shouting inside my head. I wanted you then and I want you now. So you're damn right I'm going to fucking help you, and it's not for Anna. It's for you. Hell, it's even for me because I don't want anything to happen to you, I can't let anything happen to you and I promise I will protect you. I promise you're safe here with me. I kissed you because I had been wanting to and I needed you to understand my feelings for you.” Cedric growled before pulling me closer to him, our faces inches apart. “Do you understand me, Avery?”

Do I?

He wants me?

He wanted me since the first time he saw me.

“Um-” I whispered, not knowing exactly what to say or put my feelings into words. Tonight's been rough. I didn't want to have to think about anything else serious tonight.

I can't.

I'm mentally exhausted.

“I only need you to say that you understand me, babe, that's all I'm asking for tonight.” He whispered and kissed the top of my head, and as soon as I felt his lips on me, I broke down.

I was fighting it, I had been fighting my attraction to Cedric, I felt safe with him. I knew he would do whatever he could to keep me safe from the creep that's been targeting me.

“Yes. I understand you.” I sighed, wrapped my arms around him, laid my head on his shoulder and just wept.

“That's right baby. Give it all to me. I'll take it.” Cedric whispered and held me tighter.

He let me cry on his shoulder, for I don't even know how long. I cried all my fear out, I cried all my frustration out, and I cried because for the first time in a long time, I actually felt wanted.

I pulled back from him a little while later once my tears had all dried up, and looked into his eyes.

He needed to know that I feel the same, that I feel this pull towards him, this attraction, and I'm tired of fighting it and pretending it doesn't exist.

“I feel the same way.” I whispered, low, scared to confess my feelings even though he just laid his out for me.

“I know you do. I was just giving you time to come to terms with you belonging to me.” Cedric smiled, and I can tell his trying to make me laugh.

“Cockiness doesn't look good on you cop.” I informed him, annoyed, but also a little excited to see what's going to happen next for us and hoping that the creepy man leaves me alone.

“You know what would look good on me?” He asked and smirked while trying to stop his laughter.

“Do I even want to ask?” I sighed, reached over and pulled my coffee cup back towards me.

“You.” He growled playfully, leaned over and kissed my cheek.

“Behave.” I scolded him, but I couldn't stop the small smile that was forming on my lips.