"I can't," I drummed my fingers on the table, "Not when I finally have him."

He raised a brow at that, "Do you? I don't think you'd be acting this way if you did."

That had me going quiet. I already have Nikolas, don't I?

"Now what exactly is your problem? Hm?" he asked.

"I want him but don't want him getting to me," that was all I can say. It did sound immature after I said it aloud.

"Rosaleen," Leonel leaned forward, capturing my eyes with his serious ones, "You're a big girl. I honestly think you need to talk to him about this. Discuss your limits, your privileges, lay some rules out. You're never messy so don't start now."

Once again, Leonel Alexeev was telling me all that I needed to hear. Maybe a reason why I openly pour my problems to him is because he can easily put himself in Nick's shoes. Leonel is a gentleman but he has his women and monogamy wasn't one of his closest friends. He's almost as old as Camillo too.

"Another problem's my driver," I began, wishing Leonel could help me with this one as well, "He knows."

"Uh-oh," he said sassily, "What did you do about it?"

I was about to tell him that I tried manipulating the man when he cut me off, "Please don't tell me you gaslighted him."

"I gaslighted him."

He mumbled something to himself—something about the general female species before clearing his throat and saying, "When you want someone on your side, you show them who you are and why you do what you do," Leonel explained, "You don't threaten them or give them more of a reason to hate you."

Leonel wiped his mouth with a napkin and I noticed how clean his manicured nails were. "It's like business, Rosaleen. You want that partnership? you invite John to golf and yachting and show him that you're a good person. Then bam. Before you know it, he's admitting to you that he's having sex with his secretary."

I wanted to applaud him. He was right. Jared was already warming up to me—that's why he didn't tell my brother right away. The way I reacted his valid reaction only pushed him away.

I waved at the waitress and ordered a whole chicken for takeout.

Leonel looked at me weirdly. "Does your brother not feed you at home anymore?"

I rolled my eyes. "It's for my driver."

I didn't mention Nick anymore for the rest of our little date nor Jared. Date. I'll call it that. A friendly date.

Despite not mentioning my principal, I'm sure Leonel was aware that Mr. Camillo was occupying my mind. Leo didn't push me he kept telling stories about work and home despite the fact that my comprehension was shallow and my interest was wavering.

Since the moment I met Nikolas, not a day passed by without me thinking about him.

It was pathetic to the core.

After eating tasty fruit tarts for dessert, Leonel took his card out and paid for our food.

We walked out. Birds were out and flowers were in bloom. The streets were alive and the breeze was pleasant. The blue sky was decorated with clouds and the trees were as green as green can be looking like a an average person's vision of a perfect day.

"Talk to him, okay?" said Leonel as we stood beside my vehicle.

"I will," I pulled him in for a brief hug, "Go to the party, okay?"

"We'll see," he told me before pulling away. Jared reappeared, standing blank by the car. He opened the door for me.

Leonel had just turned when a familiar voice called out from a distance.