Chapter Six

I'm a nervous wreck the day of tryouts. I am stressed about it all day long. I'm in my dorm with the other girls plus Dorcas as I get ready.

I'm seated on the edge of my bed as Dorcas sits behind me, putting my hair in two tight French braids for me. "You have done so well the past two practices. This will not be any different. You have practically already tried out. Jason has been watching us this whole time and judging us."

That doesn't make me feel better at all. I actually become more nervous. What if he has already decided I'm terrible, and I'm just going to embarrass myself. I keep this thought to myself.

"Well let's home I'm up to his standards." I mutter as I glance at the clock on the wall. Dorcas finishes up with my hair. I stand up and smooth out all the wrinkles on my bed and tidy ip my area. I'm a stress cleaner.

"I promise you will be fine. What is the worst that can happen?" Lily says, coming over to try to help me calm down.

"She could fall off her broom and get hurt." Marlene chimes in from across the room. "That's worst-case scenario, though."

I don't get to hear what lily says in return because I push past her and I run to the bathroom to puke. I hear the door to the dorm open and close, so I assume Dorcas took this as her time to escape. After I'm sure my stomach is empty I get up and rinse my mouth out. I check the time again and if I don't leave now I'm going to be late.

I walk out of the bathroom and lily and Marlene are waiting on me. "I'm sorry I wasn't trying to make things worse, I was just being sarcastic." Marlene explains. "It's fine." Is all I say in response before trudging down to the quidditch pitch. They stay behind since the tryouts are only for people trying out and closed to everyone else.

When I arrive, I go over and stand by James. "Nervous?" He asks with a smile. "I've been puking my guts out in my dorm because I am so nervous." I remark.

We don't get to talk much more because tryouts start. They are much like the practices but a little more thorough and a bit harder. I don't do as well as I would have liked because of my nerves. I do alright, though. I am extremely relieved once they are over. I talk to James a bit before heading up to my dorm to shower and change.

I head to the boys dorm afterward to see what they are up to. When I walk in, I am met by James and Sirius jumping up to greet me. James has a box in his hands and I can't help but think he is up to something.

"After you told me you were trying out for the team, I threw something together for you as a congratulations gift of sorts. I know it's not official, but I spoke with Wood, and it looks like you're going to make the team. I was too excited to wait to give it to you." He rambles as he holds the box out to me. "Come here Moons, there is something in here for you too since you helped talk her into this.

I smile and take it. "Aww thank you." I say softly. I still don't trust him. Clearly Remus doesn't either because he walks over slowly and still stays about a foot away from me and the box.

I slowly and carefully try to open the box. My effort is pointless as the box pops open and explodes. A cloud of red and gold covers the area around me and my entire body. Red powder and gold glitter cling to my skin and clothes. Remus is covered too. Clearly, this is them getting us back for the other day.

James and Sirius are rolling, laughing as I cough and sputter out glitter and try to wipe it from my eyes. Remus is doing the same, I'm sure. I can't really see him well.

"Haha so funny." I mutter. After a few seconds though, my skin starts to burn. "James what the hell is this stuff?" I question as I try to wipe it away from my now watering eyes.

After a moment, the burning worsens. I curse loudly and rush to their connected bathroom and get into their shower with my clothes on and all. Remus follows closely behind. "You fucking twats! Can you two not read? The hell is this stuff?"

We are both trying to rinse the powder from our skin, but it's not working as well as I hoped. Remus peels his wet jumper off and throws it on the bathroom floor. The water running off his face is running down his chest and staining his skin red. At least that is how it seems. The red water is running out of my hair and into my eyes, making it difficult to see.

James and Sirius have sobered up by now and have gotten the package from the color bomb they just set off on us. "Not for indoor use. If contacts with skin, rinse immediately. Seek medical attention if rash or burns occur." Sirius reads aloud.

"You bloody idiot! This stuff is in my eyes. If I go blind because of you two daft idiots, I will kill you." I huff. I look up into the water trying to rinse my eyes, but it's not working out. I hear James leave the bathroom and shuffle through some things in the room.

After some time, the burning subsides. James brings some of his clothes for me and sets out towels. Sirius eventually leaves the bathroom and sits in the room with James.

I'm now hyper aware of how close Remus and I are in the shower and how awkward this is. My shirt is practically see through and clinging to my skin. Thankfully, Remus doesn't seem to be paying any attention to that. He finishes rinsing his hair, then steps out and grabs a towel. "I'll go wait in the dorm until you finish, then I'll come back and scrub down." He says as he shuts the door behind himself.

Once I am alone, I take off my wet clothes and leave them on the shower floor as I scrub down, then change into the clothes James got out for me. I squeeze as much of the water from my clothes before walking out of the bathroom. Remus walks in behind me with a wad of his clothes. I glare at James as I toss my clothes in his laundry and sit down on his bed.

"I'm so sorry CJ, I really didn't think that would happen. We got it last year from a muggle store, and we were going to set it off in the Slytherin dorms, but I thought it would be good for getting back at you and Moony." He explains.

I check the time and sigh, "It's time for dinner, but I'm not going down there. I feel awful and look it too. Why don't you just bring me something back, yeah?" I suggest softly. He nods and gets up, taking Sirius with him.

Remus comes out of the bathroom shortly after in sweats and a t-shirt. He sits down on his bed and sighs, "Where did they run off to?" He asks. "Dinner." I answer shortly.

"We are going to get them back, right?" I ask after a few moments.

"Oh absolutely."