𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢: 𝗔𝗥𝗥𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗛𝗔𝗦 𝗥𝗘𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗡𝗘𝗗"The Queen's darlings"

"The Queen's darlings"

QUEEN AEMMA ARRYN was surround by her chamber maids, midwives and a Maester lingering in the corner of the chamber. The elder man scribbled on a piece of parchment paper, predictions about the babe in the Queen's stomach. Queen Aemma looked to be incredibly uncomfortable as her pregnancy began to reach her final days. She had been in this position many times before, and she had felt discomfort each time, but this time felt different to her. The babe in her stomach was restless, it was bigger than the previous babe's she had held in her womb, that much she knew. She wasn't sure what, but this pregnancy was different.

The doors to the chambers burst open and Rhaenyra bounded into the room. The Queen allowed a smile to appear on her face at the sight of her daughter, and her only living child.

"Ah! Rhaenyra."

The Queen did her best to hide her discomfort, but Rhaenyra wasn't blind nor stupid. She had seen her Mother in this same position many times before, even from a very young age. She was aware that her Father needed a son— an heir—, but she wished that he didn't have to make her darling Mother suffer for such a thing, not when every pregnancy seemed to end badly.

Aemma looked over her daughter's appearance. She was wearing a pale yellow dress, but her hair was a mess; windswept. The Queen smirked in amusement, realising that her daughter was trying to pull the wool over her eyes.

"You try every time, Rhaenyra, but I am aware of your time spent with Syrax today," Aemma said as she fanned herself. "You know I don't like you to go flying whilst I'm in this condition."

Rhaenyra looked straight at her mother, a deadpan expression on her face. "You don't like me to go flying whilst you're in any condition, Mother."

A maid moved behind the Queen, and Aemma gently moved herself forward whilst the maid fluffed up the pillow that lay behind her, attempting to make her more comfortable as she sat up.

From the door of the Queen's chambers, Alicent bowed her head in greeting. "Your Grace."

Queen Aemma looked at Alicent with a kind smile. She found the girl to be very compliant, especially when her father ordered her to do something. Alicent seemed to be very meek, something that Rhaenyra was not. If we're being honest, the Queen worried for Alicent's future.

"Good morrow, Alicent."

As Rhaenyra approached her mother, her face contorted into one of worry. She took a seat and looked her mother in the eyes.