𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝘂𝗰𝗰𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗨𝗖𝗖𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗜𝗢𝗡: 𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝗩𝗜𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗬𝗦 𝗢𝗥 𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗘𝗦𝗦 𝗥𝗛𝗔𝗘𝗡𝗬𝗦

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗨𝗖𝗖𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗜𝗢𝗡: 𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝗩𝗜𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗬𝗦 𝗢𝗥 𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗘𝗦𝗦 𝗥𝗛𝗔𝗘𝗡𝗬𝗦

IN THE YEAR 101 AC, a Great Council was summoned by the current King Jaehaerys. With his eldest son dead by a stray arrow through the neck, and his second heir, Prince Baelon, dead from a sudden case of a "burst belly", King Jaehaerys had no heir. With his eldest sons both dead, King Jaehaerys needed to name his Heir... and fast.

"As the first century of the Targaryen dynasty came to a close, the health of the Old King, Jaehaerys, was failing."

Many had travelled to the Harrenhal to attend this Great Council, to decide their future ruler and monarch.

"In those days, House Targaryen stood at the height of its strength with ten adult dragons under its yoke. However, House Targaryen was not the only family to have dragons— House Belaerys was one of three that held dragons of their own."

Two Maesters made their way into the Harrenhal throne room, the two men sharing the weight of the chest in their hands, which contained the name of the future King or Queen of the Seven Kingdoms who would rule after King Jaehaerys succumbed to his old age.

"No power in the world could stand against it. King Jaehaerys reigned over nearly 60 years of peace and prosperity, but tragedy had claimed both his sons leaving his succession in doubt. And so, in the year 101 AC, the Old King called a Great Council to choose an Heir to the Throne."

The two Maesters approached the front of the Harrenhal throne room, where King Jaehaerys sat proudly, but few could see the exhaustion in his eyes. The throne room was filled with lords and ladies all eager to learn the name of their future heir.

"Over 1000 lords made the journey to Harrenhal. 14 succession claims were heard, but only two were truly considered."

Inside the chest, which had been placed at the Old King's feet, lay the answer of the Realm's very important question— Who shall be next to rule? On opposite sides of King Jaehaerys stood the two with the strongest claims of all.

Princess Rhaenys Targaryen stood with her Lord-husband, Lord Corlys Velaryon, on one side. Rhaenys was the only child of the King's firstborn son, Prince Aemon. On the other side of the King stood Prince Viserys Targaryen, who was stood with his lady-wife, the Lady Aemma Arryn. Viserys was the eldest son of the King's second-born son, Prince Baelon.

"Princess Rhaenys Targaryen, the King's eldest descendant and her younger cousin, Prince Viserys Targaryen, the King's eldest male descendant."

The chest was then opened to show one single scroll that lay inside. King Jaehaerys leant forward and grasped the scroll with his aged hands.

The King addressed his subjects. "It is declared by all lords paramount and lords vassal of the Seven Kingdoms," King Jaehaerys opened the scroll, "... that Prince Viserys Targaryen be made Prince of Dragonstone!"

The crowd cheered as their new heir had been named— a male heir. Prince Viserys had seemed to pale significantly at the news, but his wife's hand around his brought him back to earth. The Heir smiled at his future subjects, the news beginning to sink in. However, the Princess Rhaenys stood stoically, her face revealing no emotion to the crowd before her. But the Princess was angry. Her younger cousin had stolen her birthright... all because he had a cock and she did not. A hand was placed on Rhaenys' shoulder and the woman glanced back to her Aunt, the Princess Elaena Targaryen. From the beginning, Princess Elaena showed her support and desire for Rhaenys to be heir, and even though she was favourited by her father, he did not listen. Elaena knew that her brother, Baelon, would completely disagree with the choice made. Viserys may be his son, but Rhaenys was the correct choice. But Baelon was not among them, and Viserys was chosen as Heir... not Rhaenys.

"Rhaenys, a woman, would not inherit the Iron Throne. The lords instead chose Viserys... my father."

Princess Elaena and her Lord-husband, Lord Valarr Belaerys, were seen offering their support to Rhaenys. Lord Corlys was seen to be enraged by the Great Council's choice, but Rhaenys was able to control her husband's behaviour before he did something he would come to regret.

Viserys was named Heir, and she was not. There was nothing she could do about it and she would not become a Usurper— That much she knew. The newly crowned Prince of Dragonstone looked towards his eldest cousin with slight pity, but Rhaenys shared him no glance. She stared ahead, her right hand behind her back as Elaena interlocked their fingers.

"Jaehaerys called the Great Council to prevent a war being fought over his succession. For he knew the cold truth. The only thing that could tear down the House of the Dragon... was itself and it all began that very day."