2

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑇𝑊𝑂𝗒𝖾𝖾𝗁𝖺𝗐

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑇𝑊𝑂
𝗒𝖾𝖾𝗁𝖺𝗐

𝑴𝑱'𝑺 𝑺𝑷𝑰𝑹𝑰𝑻𝑺 𝑾𝑬𝑹𝑬 𝑺𝑰𝑮𝑵𝑰𝑭𝑰𝑪𝑨𝑵𝑻𝑳𝒀 𝑳𝑰𝑭𝑻𝑬𝑫 𝑨𝑭𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑮𝑨𝑰𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑱𝑨𝑪𝑲𝑺𝑶𝑵'𝑺 𝑷𝑯𝑶𝑵𝑬 𝑵𝑼𝑴𝑩𝑬𝑹. If she wanted to be truthful, she had a crush on him. Just a little one, not too big. He was as charming as a prince and kinder than most people she's met at bars.

MJ and Jackson couldn't see it, but Judd was watching them both while they exchanged numbers and talked in the bar. Judd was protective over MJ, and wouldn't be afraid to rough someone up for her.

A week later, MJ laid on her bed staring at her phone which was opened to Jackson's contact. Grace, who was laying in the bed next to her, gave her a look of disapproval.

"If you don't just call that boy already, I will," She scoffs. MJ sighs and turns off her phone, setting it aside on her nightstand.

"Grace—."

"— Call him. It's been a week," Grace says.

"Maybe I should have Mama 'Thena do a background check. Just to be sure," MJ says.

For most of her past.. "relationships", Athena would make sure to run background checks on the boys.

Whenever she would go out on dates, Athena would make sure MJ texted her at least three times; when they arrived at their locations, when they're leaving, and if she's sleeping by the time MJ's back, when she finally came home.

There were only two times Athena had to get Bobby and the 118 on MJ. It wasn't for any medical reason, but to make sure MJ was extra safe.

"She'll have it back to me quickly," MJ continued, grabbing her phone and pulling up her aunt's contact.

"Mabel Jones-Grant," Grace scolds, her tone sounding motherly.

"When I get the report back, I'll talk to him. I promise, Grace."

🜸

Jackson stared down at his phone while cleaning the top of the fire truck with TK. It's been a week since he and MJ exchanged numbers, and he was waiting for her to call him. Maybe she didn't like him that much? Maybe Judd told her to avoid him?

His behavior didn't go unnoticed.

"What's going on, Jackson?" T.K asks.

"Nothing," Jackson replied.

"Sure doesn't seem like nothing when you've been staring down at your phone."

Owen arrived listening to Willow's "𝘞𝘩𝘪𝘱 𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘏𝘢𝘪𝘳". Jackson ignored his father as he told everyone of his new hair routine. After making sure the spot he was cleaning seemed decent, Jackson hopped off of the truck and went to the kitchen to sit alone.