1

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑂𝑁𝐸𝗉𝗂𝗅𝗈𝗍

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑂𝑁𝐸
𝗉𝗂𝗅𝗈𝗍

𝑴𝑱 𝑾𝑶𝑲𝑬 𝑼𝑷 𝑻𝑶 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑴𝑬𝑳𝑳 𝑶𝑭 𝑯𝑬𝑹 𝑨𝑼𝑵𝑻'𝑺 𝑪𝑶𝑶𝑲𝑰𝑵𝑮, 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑺𝑯𝑬 𝑰𝑴𝑴𝑬𝑫𝑰𝑨𝑻𝑬𝑳𝒀 𝑩𝑬𝑬𝑳𝑰𝑵𝑬𝑫 𝑭𝑶𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑲𝑰𝑻𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑵. Just by the smell, MJ could tell what Athena was making; waffles with strawberries (Mabel's favorite) with eggs and sausage. Harry and May, MJ's cousins, arrived in the kitchen moments later and took seats at the dining table.

"Morning, Mama 'Thena," MJ smiled.

"Morning, baby. Feeling hungry? I've made a lot," Athena replied.

The dining table was already set to perfection. On MJ's seat, there was a separate bowl of cut strawberries, a bottle of maple syrup, and a glass of her favorite orange juice. MJ grew curious and hesitantly took a seat.

"Mama 'Thena?" MJ asks. Athena, who was cooking eggs, moved her head to her niece. MJ motions to the arrangement set in front of her. "What's all this?" She asks.

"Can't an aunt show appreciation for her niece?"

Athena returned to cooking in hopes to avoid MJ's questions. It took MJ a while to realize it, but she knew what her aunt was trying to do.

"Mama 'Thena, you know you can't stop me from leaving. Texas is waiting for me and has been for years," MJ says.

"But who will cook you your favorite food? Make sure you're safe?" Athena asks.

"I will," MJ reassured, "And you're going to make sure I'm safe. You'll get updates from me every week. I promise."

Athena walks over to the table with food filled serving platters. She takes a seat next to MJ after setting down all the plates. A knock came from the front door.

"Are you expecting anyone?" May asks, halfway through taking a bite of her food. MJ excuses herself from the table to answer the door. When she opened it, she was met with several familiar faces.

The entire Station 118. Or at least the ones MJ was more familiar with.

"What're you guys doing here?" MJ asks.

"You think you can just move away without a proper sendoff? You're crazy," Hen replied. In each of their hands was a gift with MJ's name on it. MJ moved to the side to allow them to enter.

Buck, Eddie, Chim, and Bobby went into the living room while Hen went to the dining table with May, Harry, and Athena. "You guys didn't have to do all this," MJ says.

"We just had to, MJ," Chimney replies.

"I don't think all this stuff can fit in my car. I already have—."