Chapter 3

3rd POV

North then laughs, "Ha! On naughty list? You hold the record. But no matter. We overlook. Now we are wiping clean the slate." He brushes off the arm that has a tattoo of Naughty as Jack asks confused, "How come?" Bunny smiles, "Ah, good question." North then says, "How come? I tell you how come! Because now you are Guardian!" The two Yetis then lift two light staffs as the elves blow the horn making Jack look confused. They watch as the fairies bring him a paper necklace and decorations falling as Tera looks around, "Oh, you even decorated as well." 

Jack backs away from the fairies not wanting to put on the necklace as the yeti behind him stops him as he says, "What are you doing? Get off me!" North yells happily, "This is the best part!" More elves come playing instruments as they all surround Jack as he looks around very confused, not understanding what is going on.

He then looks down at the elves next to him as they present him with some shoes as he said, "Huh?" Tera notices Jack not really liking nor going along with it as a Yeti brings North the Guardians book as Jack then lifts his staff creating ice on the ground making everyone stop as Tera smiles feeling the cold breeze pass by her hair, while everyone looks at Jack shocked.

He then says, "What makes you think I want to be a Guardian?" North then begins laughing a bit as he then says, "Of course you do. Music!" They begin to play again as Jack then says, "No music!" The elf gets mad throwing his trumpet on the ground and pushing the other elf away as Jack says, "This is all very flattering, but, uh, you don't want me. You're all hard work and deadlines, and I'm a snowballs and fun times."

Tera giggles fling around him a bit, "Yes, I know that especially with today's event with Jamie." He looks at her surprised, "You saw that?" "Of course, Jack, you can't outsmart Mother Nature." He just smiles but then looks back at the others, "I'm not a Guardian." Bunny then laughs sarcastically. "Yeah. That's exactly what I said." Tera then blows him a butterfly as it lands on Bunny's nose, getting him to stop talking as its poofs.

Tooth then says, "Jack, I don't think you understand what it is we do." she turns around towards the globe as she says, "Each of those lights is a child." North adds, "A child who believes. And good or bad, naughty or nice, we protect them." Tera then sees Tooth's hands in Jack's mouth wanting to see his teeth as he complains. Tera chuckles a bit as she then says, "Tooth! Fingers out of his mouth."

She smiles sheepishly, "Oh, sorry. They're beautiful." Tera then looks at the others, "I think it's better if he knew the whole picture of our situation right now." North nods and then says, "Okay. No more wishy-washy. Pitch is out there doing who knows what!" Jack looks at them and asks, "You mean the Boogeyman?" Tera gives him a sad smile, "Sadly, yes." North then adds, "When Pitch threatens us, he threatens them as well." Jack then says, "All the more reason to pick someone more qualified." "Pick? You think we pick? No, you were chosen! Like we were all chosen. By Man in Moon."

Jack turns to them surprised, "What?" Tera then explains, "Last night, Jack, he chose you. He knows you're more than qualified for this and I believe so as well." Jack then looks at the moon, "Man in the Moon... He talks to you?" North then says, "You see, you cannot say no. It is destiny." "But why wouldn't he tell me that himself?" He then sighs rubbing his face he then says, "After 300 years this is his answer? To spend eternity like you guys. Cooped up in some hideout thinking of new ways to bribe kids? No, no. That's not for me! No offense."

Bunny says, "How is that not offensive? You know what I think? I think we just dodged a bullet. I mean, what's this clown know about bringing joy to children anyway." Tera then says, "Bunny..." But Jack then says, "It's fine Tera." He then says to Bunny, "Uh, you ever heard of snow day? I know it's no hard-boiled egg, but kids like what I do." "But none of them believe in you, do they? You see, you're invisible, mate. It's like you don't even exist."