It's About What You Have, What We Need

Start from the beginning

Sarah's eyes watered as she rushed over to Rebecca and hugged her tight.

"I know, baby. I know" Rebecca cooed maternally. As they parted Rebecca turned to the others that arrived and asked:

"Where's Nick?"

"Uh-Rebecca why don't we go for a little walk" Luke answered. They walked off and a moment later Rebecca was heard crying.

Clementine and Jane approached Bonnie, Mike and Kenny.

"How are things here?" Jane asked, followed quickly by Clementine asking:

"How are you holding up, Kenny?"

"Yeah I'm hangin in darlin. Just. Be better when my boy gets back."

"Y/N not back yet?" Clementine asked as a knot of worry formed in her stomach..

"Are we sure he's coming back?" Jane asked, Clementine quickly rounding on her, snapping:

"If Y/N said he'll be back he'll be back!"

Jane was shocked, Kenny chuckled at Clem's defensiveness:

"We ain't got long until that baby's coming. I've got that, I've been there before. We were looking at the map over there, there's a couple of buildings we can check. Rebecca can't have the baby out here. We need someone checking the perimeter as well."

"I'll do that" Luke volunteered.

"Me and Mike will check the museum" Bonnie pointed at the 'you are here' map on display.

"Alright I'll check this one by the river" Jane replied, immediately walking off. Bonnie watched her leave and turned to Clem.

"Clem darlin', you think you could go with Jane? I don't trust her not to just run off."

"Yeah she's already made it clear she doesn't want anything to do with the baby. I'll go with her"

Clementine turned and smiled, both Kenny and Sarah were helping Rebecca to sit on the site's fountain. Maybe Rebecca and the baby could help them both push passed their grief.

She ran quickly to try and catch up with Jane.

—~—

Clementine walked up to the visitor centre of Parker's Run. It already looked good, being high off the ground.

She walked up to see Jane sat on one of the outdoor benches, in a world of her own

"Hey" Jane said smiling out of her daydream.

"Just thought I'd come and watch your back" Clementine lied.

"Thanks... partner" Jane smiled.

"Partner?" Clementine asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Don't let it go to your head" Jane chuckled. She looked towards the Visitor Centre

"I hope this place is what we're looking for. God knows we could use a break."