waiting for you

Matt looks up and sees you. he puts his phone down and stares at you, not saying a word.

"What, why are you staring at me? Weirdo"

Matt looks back down at his phone and shakes his head, mumbling something to himself that you cant quite make out.

you keep staring at him, getting kinda irritated now. youre starting to regret even coming over here.

Matt finally turns towards you, a slightly frustrated look on his face.

"Whats wrong now, what are you looking at? Whats with the stupid look on your face? I was enjoying my alone time"

he crosses his arms, clearly annoyed.

your eyes and sigh loudly

"Nothing, nothing. I was just bored and thought I'd visit you while Chris and Nick ran out" 

you get annoyed too, and stand up.

"Whatever, Im leaving"

Matt looks like he's about to say something but then he just shakes his head and looks back down at his phone without saying a word. you feel a bit bad and decide to stay, not knowing what to say. you stand there awkwardly with your phone out too.

After what feels like forever Matt looks back up and sees you standing there still.

"What are you doing? Can't you tell I've been ignoring you this whole time? Go away, I dont want to have to deal with your dumb ass"

you start to feel hurt but you try to shake it off, you dont want to admit it but you actually kind of like him. you look down at your phone and ignore him too, pretending to be busy.

Matt rolls his eyes and turns away from you, sitting back and relaxing on the couch. for a few minutes theres silence until he speaks again.

"Wait, why are you still here? I thought you were going to go?"

you look up from your phone and stare at him, a slight smirk plastered across your face. Matt looks up again, confused why you're still here but also a bit intrigued by your smirk.

Matt raises an eyebrow, but says nothing as he looks at you, waiting for you to answer his question.

you smirk a little harder, finding it amusing to keep making him confused and annoyed. Finally you speak.

"Im not leaving yet, Im waiting for something" 

you smile but keep being mysterious, not saying what exactly you're waiting for.

Matt looks at you, even more intrigued now, his curiosity piqued. He shifts on the couch until he's sitting up and closer to you.

"Im listening, whats this something that youre waiting for?"

You grin and slowly inch closer until you're sitting next to him, still on the edge of the couch.

"You"

Matt stares at you, his eyes wide with shock and surprise. He seems like he's at a loss for words but eventually speaks up.

"You were waiting for... me?"

You nod, still smiling.

"Yeah, I was waiting for you. What now, are you going to make fun of me?"

You look away from him a bit, waiting for his reaction.

Matt is still in shock, his eyes darting between yours. He seems surprised and a little confused, clearly not expecting you to say that.

"Um... I..."