Chance

The woman sat across from the man once again, the silence around to two now being nothing but serious. Your eyes stared into his blind ones. Yet you felt as if he was staring back at yours even if he was blind.

"Y/n. I'm guessing you're here to talk about the letter Shinobu sent me, no?"

"Correct, Ubuyashiki-San."

"Well, go ahead. Tell me everything that's been happening to you."

You took a deep breath as you looked around, using your senses to find anyone trying to eavesdrop or being nosy. When you saw nothing, you turned your attention back on the man in front of you.
************************************
"Well, then, thank you Y/n. Is there anything else you wanted to talk about?"

"Yes. Earlier, I was arguing with Shinobu about something. She said that I'll be guarded with any hashira available. Is this true?"

The man shook his head, his black hair moving with him. He did read Shinobu's letter, and he did see her suggesting.

Though, he does agree that Tengen in fact will be lurking around, and will not waste a opportunity to strike when you're alone. And being with someone else the same rank as you seems best.

But he also disagreed with it. It may be good protection, but that just means that he'll lose whoever guards you. What's the point of only protecting someone when they step outside, but not doing so when they're inside? What if you couldn't or didn't sense them? Plus, it'll make you seem weak. And he knows you're definitely far from it.

"Well, she did suggest it, I don't plan on doing it. I'll waste two very much needed people, when I already lost one due to insanity."

You nodded as you sighed of relief. You were glad that he didn't actually make you feel as if you were weak, and didn't waste anyone's time.

"So what do you plan on doing then, Ubuyashiki-san?"

Said man leaned back as he thought for a while, thinking in his head.

What is he going to do?

"Hmm...Well, I can set up a meeting and warn the other hashiras. Then tell the crows to warn the lower- ranked slayers too."

"That would be more than enough, master. Thank you."

"It's fine. I should be doing much more. And trust, I will. But, for now, may you explain why you're only in a pair of the Butterfly estate's pants and wrappings covering your top half? One of my daughters almost thought she was flashed."

...

"...How do you know what I'm wearing?"
...

".....My daughter told me."

"Which one."

"My fourth one."

"Crazy, as I met all of your children, including your son outside."

...

"Don't question and I'll give you a raise."

"Have I ever told you how those colors suit you so much?"

"No you haven't, dear. No you haven't."
************************************
You hugged the young boy in your arms as he hugged you back. The 7'2 giant stood in front of you two as he smiled. You came to go pick up Rui after a day or so at Shinobu's.

"Thank you so much, Gyomei!"

"It was no problem, Y/n. Rui is stubborn, for sure, but he's a rather sweet boy. And that's clear, as I can practically feel how happy the boy is. You're a great mother, dear Y/n."

You smiled even more as you hosted Rui on your hip, holding him with your left arm. He wrapped his short arms on the right side of your neck.

"Thank you, Gyomei! You're too sweet!"

Gyomei smiled even more, shaking his head as he let's out a low chuckle.

"No, no. I'm honest, dear."