XLIV: Finding you

Start from the beginning

"Wait! Mirio-senpai! I-" Kirishima jumped suddenly from his place by his classmates to grab into the arm of their senpai. "I really need to see Izuku!" He exclaimed.

Togata's face contoured into concern, albeit one that he tried masking with a tinge of nonchalance.

"I don't think it's- that's not a good idea." He argued with a hint of urgency. He grabbed Kirishima's arm to free himself from the teen's grip.

"Why? What do you mean?"

Mirio stayed silent and started making his way down the corridor quickly, not looking back once.

Before anyone could follow him, he was already out of sight.

Todoroki and Shinsou had their faces twisted in concern, but remained silent and started heading to the teacher's lounge together to collect Eri. It must be awkward for the shy girl to stay with adults she was not used to meet often.

That left Kirishima and Bakugou in the corridor, still contemplating what had just happened, and going through possible scenarios in their heads.

"Oi, shitty hair," it was Bakugou that broke the silence first.

Kirishima startled out of his train of thoughts and turned to look at Bakugou. As if he had forgotten that the explosive teen was still there with him.

"The thing you said. Why do you need to meet the nerd?"

It took a moment to register who Bakugou was talking about.

"Ah, you mean Izuku? No it's just that..." just like with his mother, Eijiro couldn't find the right words to express what his motives were. Heck, he was not sure of his own reasoning himself. Something weird was going on with him. Something that could not be communicated with words.

And it seems it took one to recognize one, because Katsuki's expression just softened the tiniest bit, looking at Eijiro as if he understood exactly what he was going through.

"If you need to go, then just do it. Don't be such a wuss.." Bakugou glared intently at the red head "...because you're not."

Kirishima's mouth stood open for a second. This was probably the nicest thing Bakugou had ever said to him.

Kind of.

His unsure expression turned immediately into determination and he grind widely at the blond, nodding his head firmly.

"You bet!"

He didn't wait to see the content smirk on his best friend's face before collecting his things and dashing out, following his Senpai's path and directly to meet Izuku.

He was going to get his answers today.

****

Kirishima had his suspicion that they wouldn't let him meet Izuku so easily, if Mirio-senpai's actions were anything to go by. But he didn't expect to not be let into the facility at all.

He knew they had installed security cameras, so he thought that if he stood outside long enough, he would be let in.

But that apparently didn't work. So he had restored to knocking. Or maybe banging. And if he overdid it with activating his quirk, well it would be his own fault for what he got. Because when he without any thought hit the metal door with his quirk, he felt a sudden electrical zap run through his whole body.