CHAPTER- 2 ¤ WHEN FATE PLAYS ¤

Riya’s POV-

On one side the girl group of 5 were glaring while on the other side Tiara was ready to fight. “Stop picking up unnecessary fights Tiara", Sara said as I held her back.

After a long time one of the girl who is most probably the leader said, “I will report you to the committee saying that you forcefully got our table and trust me they will believe me since I am the senior one". Now, they have scooped down to threats to? What a low thing to do with your juniors.

Tiara just rolled her eyes, picking up the coffee that I bought for her from the table, taking a sip. "Ara, stop now. Let's go. No point in fighting", I suggested but all she did, is to ignore me. Damn it! I felt Sara touching my hand, gesturing me to stop Tiara but what I could do now? Sara sweated, her eyes flickering in worries.

Oh dear... what will happen now. I heard Tiara chuckle as she said, “Bring it on! I dare you!”, “What are you saying Ara! We can get suspended for that!”, Sara exclaimed.

Tiara just simply said, “Trust me sis! I got this!”, “Ara, confidence is good but over confidence is not!”, I said. I heard the leader say, “then let’s go to the principal", “Sure why not!”, Tiara said as we looked at her in horror!

As much as I trust this woman, sometimes her decisions really concerns me. She is a *I don't Care* attitude woman. Tiara, she is like water.  One moment calm, coming at others like a few metres tide while the next moment striking others like a tsunami wave.

Tiara gestured us to follow, walking forward, just behind those 5 girls. I sighed, getting up, gathering our things and so did Sara. But the small pearl of a tear at the corner of Sara's eyes did not go unnoticed by me. I softly patted her, telling, "Let's trust Ara. I am sure she is upto something".

Sara nodded, wiping her eye. Sara is very serious about her studies and you could say she is also afraid of dissapointing her parents at times. So... understandable.

We sat infront of the principal as the senior girls kept on telling lies. The vice-principal and principal or director or whatever they are called glanced at us weirdly after the leader girl narrated the whole drama.

“Ms. Acharya is it true?”, the principal asked as Tiara said, “Please hear this, Sir. This shall answer all your questions", saying that she took out her phone and clicked on a few icons before a conversation played out.

It was the conversation from the very beginning that we had with the girls. The recording clear that everything on point was heard. No extra unnecessary sounds and stuff.

The girls gasped, clearly shocked. Infact me and Sara also looked at her shocked. Damn woman! That is some display of dominance out there!

The principal said after the recording finished, “You all did wrong. First threatening your juniors and then telling lies infront of me! You all are suspended this week!”. The girls all glared at Ara who still looked unfazed as ever.

I internally smirked. I said, "Sir, thank you for being fair. I would ask for our exit". The principal nodded as I shoved the two best friends of mine out, grabbing the middle one by her collar and the youngest by her hand.

Needless to say I am actually very worried. Ara is way too reckless at times. She needs to understand that things always not be in her favour. I am really concerned about this woman.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Crazy!! Damn!! “When did you record the conversation?”, Sara asked Ara as she smirked, clearly proud of herself. “Even Riya doesn’t have that much intelligence”, Sara said as I grumbled, offended.

“Alright! Now that is over, let’s go to our dorm. I made a cake”, I said. Ara asked, “So you were making a cake and that is why you were late today?”, I nodded as yes as they sighed together.

Ara simply stated, "Thank Lord that Sara did not try that. Else I would need a wood cutter to cut the cake". I cracked up laughing as Sara smacked Ara, saying, "Come on! It is not all that bad!".
"Yeah! Sure....", Ara sarcastically said.

I awkwardly chuckled as I walked ahead of them as the key was with me. “Watch out!”, I heard Sara say since I was looking back at them when I bumped into something.. rather it was someone. I fell down and so did that person when I looked at him.

Holy shit!! He is so handsome! Black hair, with hazel brown eyes and... “Riya are you okay?”, I snapped out as I heard Sara. I muttered, “I am sorry. I wasn’t looking”, to the guy as he said, “It’s fine. I was also not careful. Let me help you up".

He got up but the second he was about to help we heard, “Baby! Are you okay?”, a high pitched scream as I scrunched my nose at the voice and from the corner of my eyes, I swear I saw Tiara roll her eyes after flinching and Samaira sighing once again for the infinite time today.

The guy in question sighed before pulling up a smile and saying, “I'm fine”, to the girl who just came and hugged him. He... has a girlfriend. “Btw, my name is Markus Rodgers", the guy said.

I smiled, taking the hand he extended, intoducing myself, "Riya. My name is Riya Singhania". He nodded, his smile not leaving his lips while he looked curiously at Ara and Sara. "They are my best friends. The taller one is Tiara while the shorter one is Samaira".

"Umm right, this is.. Bianca. My childhood friend", there was this hesitance in Markus' voice that did not go unnoticed by me. Something sure is there. But again it is not my business.

I excused us three hearing the scowl that Bianca gave us. There is no lies when people say that India is a whole continent in itself and is damn diverse!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Our Riya seemed to have a crush on that guy", Sara said while I let out a scowl playfully. I heard Tiara say or directly teasing me, “Isn’t that something that always happens, sis?”, the said Sara in question nodded, smiling at me in a teasing manner.

I swear I will kill these two someday! They always tease me! This is not done at all! Now obviously I am joking.

Tiara said, “But it seemed like the hope of finally getting a boyfriend broke as soon as it came". Ara laughed out loud as Sara cracked up as well.

I smacked Tiara before retorting, “Says the one who never had a boyfriend”, she rolled her eyes before saying, “Atleast I don’t have a crush every other day!”. I smacked her as she smacked me back. There was this thing about Tiara... she did not believe in love. Why... I can't say. It is her story to tell.

“Cut it out you both! Ara go and freshen up first. Then I will go and then Riya. You now help me to set the tables for lunch, Riya", Sara said separating us from fighting.

“Why should she go first?”, I asked as Sara scolded me, “Stop being a baby, Riya! Let her go first. Look at her. All dirty clothes and almost messed up hair. It is as if she came from a war”.

Now that Sara mentioned it... I looked at Ara carefully. She had a cut in her hand. I was about to question her but she did not give me the chance and moved to the washroom hurriedly. What happened?

👭👭👭

As I mentiomed, India is a truly diverse and beautiful country. And yes, my first love is my motherland