Chapter Fifteen

Luke's pov:

Drake came home early and then left again. He's my brother but he and I never acted like it. We were just two strangers sharing the same air. We don't talk, we don't acknowledge each other's presence. I don't understand why but this is how it is.

​ Justice Cameron Reece. 

Cam..Jay..Cammie..rice crispy..big brother.. A slight sad smile appeared on my face thinking back at that old nickname. Why did you leave me? You said you would always come back to me..to us. I know you're a lot happier now that you don't have any of us to worry about. I'm sure you met up with gramps and grandma should be there too. You know..I've never knew how alone I really was in till you were gone.

I dried my tears with my sleeve and got up. I've been in this house for a while now and it still new to me. The house is actually pretty nice. There isn't any damage to it and he almost seems to be a clean freak. That or he's never here. Probably the second one, then again I don't know if he's always been like this or he just doesn't want anything to do with me. It wouldn't be the first time. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex's pov:

I stared at the back table where I saw Gavin's oldest brother Tristan. Tristan and three other guys, one of which is the same dude I saw go in the house where Luke lives, were eating and they mostly seem serious. That guy..who the hell is he? And what is he doing with Tristan? 

"Alex, Alex, Ally come on I'm hungry", Ryan whined. I glared at him for calling me that. Only my little angel can call me that not this dipshit. "What's wrong with you?"
"Nothing, just hurt up and order already."
"We already did man, we're just waiting up on you", Derek laughed.
God damn. They just brought me along to get a free meal.   

​As we waited in a booth for our food I kept a close eye on them. Even though I was high I wasn't completely out of it. They were all talking about some photos they had on the table and it seemed that one guy was the one with all the attention.    

"Number five, number five", I got up and took the food. 
"Lets go", I walked outside with the guys trailing behind me. 

I saw the photo. There's no doubt about it.

What did you do this time? ...dad

~~~~~~~~~~

Luke's pov:

I looked through the house and noticed how much different Drake is now since back then. He has matured yet there are some things that still haven't changed at all. The closet is arranged the same way and he hasn't grown to live certain foods. His taste in music is different, I noticed a Skillet CD, I guess he doesn't have bad taste in music completely. Linkin Park, I haven't heard them in a while. 

"Wow",he has a big stereo. I turned it and slid in the CD.

"In the end I doesn't even matter", I repeated and slumped on the couch. Squinting at the ceiling I remembered something I wrote in my journal.

'Let go of the past, you know you can't change history but you can always brighten up the future. But you gotta leave your fear, to live on. Leave the fear you have of what's to come. Live in the present and enjoy the now don't worry about what hasn't been done.'

I..am such a hypocrite. Then again, isn't everybody? 

My eyes wondered over to the cabinet in the corner of the living room. Maybe some snooping will help me learn more. I looked out the window to be sure he wasn't here yet. Usually he isn't here until three in the morning, sometimes he stops by to get some things or to take a shower but I can't be too careful. 

As I got closer to the cabinet I noticed a small piece of paper hanging out. 

"Francis Diaz?" 

I looked over the paper.

'Francis Diaz:
$2k 
Due date: 3- 15-15'