THE (not quite) ILLUSTRIOUS FRIEND

The four of them were cooped up at the back, and the door was firmly shut. Doctor and Sherlock had a few purple marks on their faces. Sherrinford- calm and unharmed- stared ahead after having a good look at his siblings, 'No point in fighting when you know chances of winning are zero.' he said sing-songly 'Did you struggle junior?'

The question was clearly aimed at Darlence. 'Didn't I?' she said mutinously.

'It was unfortunate. If even one of us could escape............'

'Really doctor, nothing to worry about.' said Sherrinford coolly.

'Remarkable attitude that!' remarked Sherlock.

'We've missed something.' said Darlence.
'Certainly.' Sherrinford said irritably.
'Tell us.' Said Sherlock.
'Oh had you two looked and calmly assessed the matter, it would have been evident.'
'So in fact there is nothing or that you know of it?' Darlence asked.
'Seriously there isn't or a Holmes wouldn't hide it.' Sherlock added.
Now doctor was not entirely sure of this fact but he knew that a Holmes was bloody childish. They themselves admitted it. And sure enough Sherrinford blurted out his observation.
'I was just saying that Mycroft hasn't yet got over his touch of the dramatic.'
'What?' The three asked incredulously.
'If it had been a predator team we wouldn't be talking like this, in fact we wouldn't be talking at all. I would put by bets on the fact that they'd have thrown us into that river to be fished out days later.'
Darlence giggled.
'In other, less superficial words, had they been sent to kill us, they would have killed us? But they did not.' said Sherlock.
'Certainly not.'
'And so these are Mycroft's men sent to get us back?'
'Yes.'
'I need more brushing up.' Sherlock finally sighed.
'See dumbo, I am not the only one.' Darlence said sing singly.