SAVING (PRIVATE) SHERRINFORD

'To Torquay it is.' said Sherlock sitting on the seat beside Darlence's in the train.

'I'm surprised that we got the train so easily.' said Darlence.

'Are you sure it was Sherrinford?'

'No such thing as sure.' Darlence snapped, 'He said he was Sherrinford. You never told me about him anyway.'

'Pffft, can you possibly stop reminding me of that? You sound like a silly teenaged girl, when you repeat things maliciously like you are doing now.'

That certainly shut her up on the topic.

'We resolved to forget about him; Mycroft and I. I'm sorry we did not tell you.'

'What else did you resolve to forget?'

'Erm.'

'Redbeard ? Your university life- cocaine habit. The time it almost killed you. What else?'

The train came to a convenient stop at that very moment, and Sherlock looked out gladly, 'Four stations more. Dace, describe how Sherrinford looked.'

'Police description? Carrot- top.' Darlence chuckled, 'cut quite short. Slim-faced, umm.... grey eyes? Did not quite notice, cheekbones. County complexioned. Overall slim and tall. 6"2 I should put him.'

'And where does that take us?' asked Sherlock.

'Practically nowhere. If I could draw like a whatever-that-person-is-called, I'd certainly have sketched him down.'

'If it is the old boy, it will be a pleasure to meet him again. I've missed him more than I can think of.'

'He's smashing, I thought.'

'I thought so too.'

After a moment, Darlence stretched, 'Lets collect Dr.Watson, and prepare ourselves. Its a bit monotonous sitting here like this. I ought to say I loved this conversation; after about years of glaring, a proper conversation was much wanted.'

'You haven't had a proper conversation?'

'With Mycroft. He is always willing to talk; and you pick up a new word every now and then. And there is that occasional gesture that you would like to pick as well. You'd rather be all cryptic; and the supposed friends I've had over the years sound like seven year olds.'

'What about that girl Sarah and co.?'

'I won't do them any injustice; I've always slept during their conversations with an occasional "Oh!", "I don't quite know." or a "Yes, maybe." And once Queenie; I think that is her name- I'm not quite sure. Well she asked me what the name of the newest celebrity was- and I confidently replied with a "Yes, maybe." Their faces were worth seeing, and maybe so was mine.'

Sherlock laughed.

When they got down from the train; and were presented with a sea of people did they both snort impatiently at once.

'We are bungling farcically.' Sherlock exclaimed.

'We certainly are.' said his sister.

'Indeed? Why?' John asked.

'We trotted straight to Torquay without determining the whereabouts. I hope Mycroft was here; he'd have known what to do.' said Darlence sincerely.

'As do I.' said Sherlock at once.

'Oh, and what do you suggest?' Darlence sounded most sarcastic.

'Try calling him- Sherrinford mean.'