1

WELCOME! To the next.... WIERD ASS FANFICTION! Hope you enjoy! Also this is the first time I'm not writing in first person, so if I accidently switch please tell me. Also also this is going to be very out of character.

Max was tired, he wanted to go back to sleep. But NOOooo, he just had to be a F1 driver, a world champion so he had  to do interviews, at least according to the team and his dad. He dragged himself out of the hotel room bed and got changed into some jeans and a t-shirt with a groan.

Leaving the hotel room he needed to get to the paddock, he had a rental car outside that he got inside and made it through all the traffic that was between the hotel and paddock. When he entered the paddock he was immediately swarmed by a few fans who wanted pictures, Max happily gave them, well mostly happily.

Max found his way to the Redbull motorhome which is where the marketing team wanted him to go. Entering he saw his teammate was already sitting down in front of the camera, Max sighed as he took the seat next to Checo, this is a huge waste of time.

The marketing told him what was going on, it was just a normal interview where normal questions would be asked, or something like that. Max basically zoned out, barely listening to the questions that were being asked, most of them were being direction to his teammate after the rough season of underperforming.

Eventually the interview did switch their focus to Max.

"So Max, you are the son of a former F1 driver, how would you say that affected your career?" They asked the Redbull driver.

Max tensed slightly, he hated talking about his 'dad', but non the less he kept his face neutral.

"I would say it inspired me to become an even better driver than he ever was." Max said the normal PR friendly answer, but he couldn't help the disdain that leaked into his voice at the end of he sentence, out of the corner of his eye he saw Checo giving him either a concerned look or a confused one, Max couldn't make it out for sure.

Funnily enough, 'Jos Verstappen' wasn't his dad anymore! No, at the age of 14 Max may have run away and someone else took him in. All Max can say about it is he's been a whole lot happier since he left.

The rest of the interview went by as normal, no more questions about family, no more worries. Though by the end Max really wanted to be out of there, why can't he just race? Why must he do these interviews?

When all was said and done Max had around 30 minutes before FP1, then he remembered he had something to grab for someone. He speed walked to his drivers room where a nice little package was sitting on the table that was pushed to the side. It was a present with silver wrapping paper and tied up with a teal ribbon.

Max grabbed it and started to walk through the paddock, where he wanted to go was on the opposite side of the paddock. He knew people were going to be staring at him, but he had priorities and people giving weird looks wouldn't stop him from giving the present.

He finally made it to the outside of his destination and took a deep breath before walking inside the Mercedes motorhome, Max kept his head down as he felt his face heat up out of embarrassment, he really wasn't meant to be here. Max saw Lewis Hamilton at the edge of the cafe part talking to someone and he quickly changed his path to go the long way round.

He went up the back stairs that led to the more private section of the motorhome with the drivers' rooms and the team principle's office. Max quickly walked through the hallway and stood outside the door that led to Toto's office. He heard voices inside and knocked on the door.

After a minute or two George Russel walked out the door the two drivers locked eyes and George's drifted to the small package Max was holding.

"Max! What are you doing here?" George asked the Dutchman, the tone in his voice sounded like the brit was genuinely confused.

"It's a long story." Max replied with a sigh.

George just nodded before walking into his driver room.

Max watched him leave before he walked inside the office where Toto was waiting behind the desk. They met eyes and Max closed the door and put the small gift on the Austrian man's desk.

"Happy Birthday dad." Max said to the man. Toto stood up and walked towards him before bringing him into a tight hug.

"You've just made this birthday even better, thank you."

Max smiled a little to himself and looked up at the man who basically looked after him and gave him a proper childhood. This was his dad now.

Wtf have I just written?