Chapter 5: Suite 313

Start from the beginning

My thoughts were interrupted by a voice that rang from behind me, "Oh good, you found it" Karl effortlessly approached the hotel door, not a second thought crossing his mind.

He swiftly inserted the key into the door unlocking it with ease before letting himself inside. He held the door open and glanced back at me, "You coming?"

I shook my head, "Yeah, yeah, sorry" I pulled myself from my misery, slowly dragging my suitcase behind me, inside of suite 313...

In one word, the room felt claustrophobic.

I ground my teeth together as I analyzed the small space. There was a queen-sized bed occupying the majority of the room, accompanied by two bedside tables, a TV mounted on the wall, a small wardrobe tucked in the corner, and a bathroom that was about as inviting as a gas station's.

This is going to be a long night.

Silently, I took another hesitant step into the room before pulling my suitcase to rest against the adjacent wall.

Karl cleared his throat, drawing my attention, "So, uh-" He hesitated, it was clear the mere size of this room was making both of us uncomfortable, "I'll take the floor I guess"

My eyebrows rose, surprised at his offer. "Um, yeah alright, if that's what you want"

He shot me a confused stare, "Is that not what you want?"

I felt my cheeks begin to heat at my misspoken words, "Uh, no- no yes!" I stammered, none of my words coming out right, "I just meant- uh thanks" I couldn't keep the cringe off of my face at my embarrassing attempt to speak English.

The room was filled with a dampening silence once again, "I'm uh-" I cleared my throat, trying to regain confidence, "I'm gonna take a shower"

Karl nodded politely, before turning to begin unpacking his belongings for the night. I tensely turned to my suitcase where I grabbed my toothbrush, face wash, and shampoo for my shower.

After acquiring the necessities, I hurriedly scrambled my way into the bathroom, trying to evade Karl's presence as quickly as possible.

I quickly locked the door to the bathroom before turning the nozzle of the shower and allowing the steaming hot sensation to fill the room. I effortlessly shed my clothes before stepping under the boiling water.

I rubbed my hands against my face and over my body, as I began to scrub the filth caked on my skin from the last few days on set.

"How the fuck did I end up here?"

I groaned out loud at the thought as the last few days came crashing down on my shoulders. I was so ready to be done with this trip, and to be done with Karl Jacobs.

I quickly finished the remainder of my shower, as I stepped out and wrapped a towel around my body.

"Oh shit." I said as the realization slammed into me like a ton of bricks, "You have got to be fucking kidding me"

I forgot my clothes.

Of course, I forgot my clothes, this was almost too fucking easy.

I began to panic. I had two options, both equally humiliating: I could either open the bathroom door and walk out in front of Karl in just a towel, or I could pathetically ask him to go through my bag and grab me a pair of clothes.

I almost considered asking Karl to grab my sweats, but then I thought about Karl having to grab me a bra and underwear and I decided it was too humiliating.

I ran a stressed hand over my face as I attempted to muster the confidence to open the door.

"Alright Dunnlap, you have to do it. There's no other way out..." I whispered to myself, trying to build my courage. "Three, two, one-"