She seems unaffected by my response, as if she expected this response.

"I will never forget you." She said with her face close to mine.

"This is a lie." I responded nonchalantly.

"I will never abandon you."

"This is a lie."

She lets out a sigh before sitting in front of me with her legs crossed.

"Why are you so suspicious of me? Is it so hard to believe?"

"No. I just know that these feelings are not true but fake." I replied, making her eyes widen before she frowned.

"Could you explain me?"

I nod. "From that moment, until today, you haven't felt these feelings for me because you only love me, but because I was the only person who helped you and gave you strength." My eyes began to darken as I spoke. "Not because I felt love for myself."

She bit her lip lightly before looking at me with hatred in her eyes.

"You are an idiot." My eyes lifted a little at his words.

What does she mean by that?

"Your self-esteem has been so affected that you distrust anything. No. You have never been loved in your life, not even now. You have changed."

I closed my eyes slightly before responding.

"You're right - I've changed - I'm different from my old self, now I know how to fight, I can create weapons or advanced technologies beyond human understanding and..."

"No! I mean that you've really changed. You're not the same person I knew before, you smiled and always motivated me to continue, now..." She looked at me with a serene and sad expression.

"People change." I said, which didn't seem like a good answer for her.

"Don't give me that, I'm tired of living in pain-?!" I interrupted her from speaking when I punched the ground hard.

"Of course I've changed! I wake up in pain, I sleep in pain and I live in pain every day! Have you ever thought about how hard I had to try to get used to this?! Do you know how many times I wished I had died with every moment that I live and brea...

"Of course I've changed! I wake up in pain, I sleep in pain and I live in pain every day! Have you ever thought about how hard I had to try to get used to this?! Do you know how many times I wished I had died with every moment that I live and breathe right now?!" My voice echoed throughout the room, I let my fury build with every word I let out of my mouth.

"...Akira-kun." She whispers as I start to rub my bangs with the palm of my hand, blood drips onto my fists. "I'm sorry... I..."

"No." I shook my head, letting out a sigh, I start to calm down. "We've already talked too much."

I got up and walked to my bed before throwing my body, light but at the same time heavy from the accumulation of thoughts inside my head.

"Just leave me alone..." I mutter as my eyes slowly close.