chapter eleven

When l was done with my homework l celebrated because l did it! I look at the time and it was 7 already. I check my phone and there was a bunch of messages from mason l open the texts and he was asking if l was coming if he had to pick me up or something l quickly type back asking if he could pick me up and he quickly responded with a yes and he was twenty minutes away. I jump into the bathroom and quickly shower. Then l dry up before making my hair a puffy afro. I brush my teeth wash my face then get back to my bedroom. I quickly put on a dark red long dress with a cut by the side and some white sneakers then l spray a perfume that smelt woody yet minty.

I got out of the door without telling my mom or dad. I see masons car. I quickly head up to it and close the door when l was inside. I was out of breath.

"Hey." He says l look up at him. "Hi." He starts to drive l put on my seatbelt. It was silent in the car l guess we had nothing to talk about. After 5 minutes we make it to his house. We get out of the car and go inside. I see his mom and his dad in the kitchen. Masons mom squeals before running up to me and giving me a big hug. "Oh darling lm glad you made it." She had a big smile on her face I smiled back. "Im glad im here too." I say with a nervous laugh. "Anyways come on come on." She leads me to the kitchen and there were some chairs on a long counter l sit down by the counter next to mason. Masons mom first brings out some soup. "Eat up guys this is just the starters." She says giving us the bowls. "Thanks mom." Masons says. "Thank you."

"No problem kiddos." I drink up the soup and it tasted delicious l wondered what was in it l had never tasted a soup like that. But l felt weird after drinking it l felt a pain in my stomach then l needed to vomit. "Hey uhm could l please use your bathroom?" I ask. "Of course sweetie its upstairs!" Masons mom say with a smile it was a bit strange but l brushed it off l go upstairs and go to masons bathroom since why not.

I got onto my knees and vomited into the toilet l dont know why l was feeling like this and l just could not stop vomiting l kept on vomiting no matter what. l hear some footsteps but l could not stop l hear someone come into the bathroom. "Oh my god stella are you okay?" It was mason l shake my head. "I will be right back." I nod before continuing to vomit finally my body had enough but l felt tired l flush the toilet and wash my mouth before going downstairs and l heard some talking. "Mom why would you put mushroom in her soup l told you she was allergic to mushroom."

"Sorry okay l did not mean to." He grunts before coming back upstairs l quickly get back into his room. "Are you feeling better?" I nod he opens his closet and takes out some pills. "Here take these it will stop the reaction." I take the pills and some water by his bedside. I started to feel better. I felt very tired though. "I feel like lm going to pass out." I say falling a bit. He catches me. "Woah woah woah lay on my bed." I lay on his bed and immediately go to sleep.

I wake up and it was dark. I could feel someones arms wrapped around me and someone breathing. I didnt know where l was so l quickly got out of the bed looking for the switch but l ended up tripping and falling. I hear someone get off of the bed. "Stella?" A sleepy voice says l could finally see the light l sigh out of relief it was just mason. "Are you okay?" He asks l nod. "Im alright l think."

I knew that my parents were probably worried about me but l didnt really care. "Anyways uhm.. maybe l should go." I say heading to his door but he holds my arm. "What?" I ask confused.
"Stella its one am you really think lm going to let you go out?" I sigh l guess he was right. I get onto his bed and stare at the ceiling. I feel his presence next to me l look to the side and l see him looking at the ceiling as well. "You know l..have been thinking about lately." I was suprised l mean l saw him kissing his girlfriend so l thought that maybe they were on good terms or something. "Well l have a boyfriend so yeah." I turn away from him because it was awkward between us. I feel his arms wrap around me. "What are you doing now?" I ask him.

"I know you dont like him." I roll my eyes. "But still." I turn to look at him l softly touch his smooth and soft face and he came closer to my lips but l quickly stopped him. "We should not." He lightly sighs. "Okay can we atleast cuddle?"

I mean l guess we could. "Sure why not." I wrap my hands around him and he wraps his arms around me l felt so safe and warm in his arms and l wanted to be in them forever. I close my eyes and soon fall asleep once again.

I open my eyes to see the bright yellow sun peaking through masons window. I wondered where he was. I yawn before stepping out of his bed and l needed to go because l knew my mom was worried and angry at me. I quickly straighten my dress and head for the door but as l was doing that the door opened on it own. It was mason. "Mason l have to go."

"You missing out on breakfast?" I nod. "Yeah sorry." I lightly push him out of the way but he stopped me by holding onto my shoulder. "Let me atleast take you back home l would be a bad friend to let you walk all this way." I nod and we go to his car. He starts the car up before driving to my house.

We make it soon l kiss mason on the cheek before getting out of the car and running to my house but l did not have the keys l curse to myself and knock on the door instead. The door soon opens and its my mom she looked like she had been crying l hug her. "Where have you been!?" She shouts with anger and sadness. "Im sorry mom l was at a friends house."

"Let me guess its mason." I shake my head. "No l have new frie-" she cuts me off. "You are forbidden from seeing him ever again you hear me!" Her shouting made me shiver. I could not do anything else so l just nodded and got into the house. I quickly went upstairs holding back tears. Mason had been my best friend ever since l was born now l had to stay away from him all because my mother thinks there is something between us. Even if there was whats wrong with that! I just dont understand it all. I cried onto my bed for a good two minutes before pulling myself back together.

What was l thinking anyway? It makes sense my mother is just trying to keep me safe from the trouble makers plus why would a white guy like me? Most of them like white girls so there is no way he likes me. I sigh to myself. Was l just thinking too much about it?