22. Afraid to love (pt1)

Han was sitting with his friends on a table at a cafe they had decided to go to after school. Everyone was laughing and sharing their news, making jokes and having a nice time.

"Remember the mug I bought last month?"

Han nodded at his friend with a smile.

"Dori broke it. It had such a pretty design too!" He cried out, gesturing frantically with his hands.
The younger looked at the boy with heart eyes, listening carefully to his talking.

He cleared his throat and sat upright,
"I-I could buy you a new one." The nervous one suggested.

"It's fine. It was just a mug. Thanks though." Minho waved it off with a laugh.
Han sucked his lower lip and glanced at his lap, bouncing slightly his leg up and down.

Suddenly he felt a hand gently touch his thigh in order to calm him down.
"Are you okay?" Minho called out.

Han's pupils dilated and roamed around his iris. He was all red. "Yes yes. I have to go to the -" he abruptly got up and pointed at the bathroom.

"Oh." He saw the other mouth. "Go ahead."

He somewhat bowed and pootled away.

Minho, who stayed behind, pressed his mouth in a thin line, shifting his eyes to look at his hands resting on his thighs, wondering if he had done anything wrong.

• • • • • • • • •

Han and Minho were standing outside the older's locker to get his books when one of their other friend, Felix, made himself known.

"Hey guys!" He greeted.

"Hi Felix." Minho said nonchalantly.

"Hey Felix." Han also said.

"Prom is in two days right?" Their friend excitedly announced with a bright beam.

"Prom?" Han asked, not knowing about the event.

"I didn't know that either.." Minho turned around with his books on one hand and his other in his pocket.

"What? Do you live under a rock?" Felix commented slyly. "Anyways, yeah. The students council has put posters everywhere. I wonder how you haven't seen it yet."

"Ohh.." The younger sighed. "Well, you're going?"

"Who isn't!"

"Uh." Minho anxiously looked around. "I think I'm not going to come."

"Why??" Felix spat with a sad frown. "Everybody is going!"

"Everybody who has someone to go with."

"I dont-"

"How's your boyfriend Felix bro." Han tilted his head to the side with a sarcastic smile, telling him that he had no excuse to say this time.

"Fine. Well, I do have and all the others have..." He claimed a little quietly than before. "But that doesn't mean it's too late for you."
He motioned.

"Listen I don't wa-"

"Han do you have?"

The mentioned knitted his eyebrows,
"Have what?"

He rolled his eyes. "Uh, a prom date?"

"No I don't want."

The too straightforward answer left the other in shock. "Oh." He expressed with wide eyes. "Well.."

The bell rang, cutting him off.

"Oh sorry I have to go now. I'll see you guys later!"
He hurriedly departed, running away from the scene.