"What?" Liz scoffed in fake disbelief. She held onto John B's hand a little tighter. The boy tried to run but Thomas was quick to stop the two.

"No. See that's my nightmare right there." John B pointed towards the man. Liz could tell he was frustrated, not being able to think of a way out of this. "Look we want emancipation."

"Emancipation from who? There are no adults here." Cheryl looked at him in disbelief.

"Uh...asylum, then."

"On what grounds?" she asked.

"On-on solid grounds. On holy grounds." Liz tried to help out.

"Look we feel real-- real prosecuted right now by you and.." John B turned to the officer lurking in the back. "especially Mr.Big Head over here. What are you looking at, bro? What're you gonna do? You gonna tase me?" Liz pulled on John B's hand. She knew he was upset but provoking an officer wasn't going to help them right now.

The two tried to run again but like before Thomas blocked their path. John B let go of her hand and ran forward. Thomas jumped over the little table causing the bowls Liz put out before to go crashing to the floor. The man wrestled John B putting him in a headlock. "I didn't do anything?" John B tried to yell out, struggling.

"Cheryl, get your dog off!" Liz yelled at the woman pointing to her brother who was being wrestled to the floor.

"Relax, John," Cheryl said. Liz almost wanted to slap her for saying that.

"Okay, okay. I give up." John B said when Thomas had him lying face first on the ground.

The siblings stomped to their rooms. Liz was throwing all kinds of random clothes, pictures, and trinkets in her light pink book bag. She refused to believe they were about to force them to leave their home. She didn't want to go to foster care. 70% of siblings were usually separated because of it. She didn't think she could live without JB. When she was done packing she pushed past Thomas. She walked to the other side of the hall into John B's room. Cheryl made her stay in his room so she could monitor them both while John B finished up. With a groan, Liz plopped down on the bed.

John B grabbed a picture of Liz, and their dad grinning happily off his wall. "See this, Cheryl?" He pointed the picture towards her. "Do you know who this man is? Yeah, it's my dad. And do you know what he wanted?"

"He wanted us to stay here, at home, and you're taking me and my sister away from home." Liz teared up at the hurt in his voice. She stood up standing beside her brother. "Do you understand that?"

"It's the law, John B." Cheryl said.

"F-fuck you." Liz gritted out, wiping her now teary eyes.

They got in the cop car. The two kids sitting in the back. Liz looked out the window watching the houses she grew up around pass by. John B had the same picture in his hands studying their father's face. A sudden idea popped into his head. John B nudged Liz with his knee. The two making eye contact speaking with their eyes.

'What?'

'Don't freak out.'

'John Booker...'

'Just play along.'

John B looked back towards the picture when it 'accidentally' slipped out his fingers and out the open window.

"John B you idiot!" Liz yelled in panic.

"No no! Stop, please! stop!" John B reached towards the window banging at it. "My picture! It's the last picture of my dad. Please." He begged.

"Not gonna happen, Kid." Thomas looked back.