1.

lottiehill started following you

As my face heats up and my smile takes over, I take a screenshot of the notification and immediately send it to the driver's group chat.

🏎️The Boyz🏎️

DannyRic: i am SO jealous you dont understand

Me: its just a follow 🙊

Charles: lucky sod!

I click off the chat and laugh, no doubt im being subjected to ruthless taunts by my best mates. In truth, I didn't think anything of it, I know from last year that I was known to Lottie as she had liked a Mclaren post about me. Not being one for delusions, I am happy that Lottie took an interest in me, I mean who wasn't a fan of her music?

Charlotte had just sent me a picture of me walking out of my physio session and I decided to post it to Instagram. It may or may not have something to do with a certain pop stars new follow.

liked by nataliepinkham, lewishamilton, carlosesainz and 225,579 others

landonorris: its hoodie szn

*** ***

A few hours had passed since my Instagram post, and i could help but feel slight disappointment at the lack of a like from Lottie- as stupid as it sounds. But i have seen on the social media grapevine that Lottie hardly likes anyone's posts, and the ones that she does like seems to create such an enormous spotlight on the other person.

Im half way into my stream with Max and Charles when i my phone lights up.

lottiehill: how's the season coming along mr norris?

My heart is thumping, i certainly wasn't expecting this. I considered texting Carlos asking what to do, but i centred myself. It was only a well-being check, regardless of my first instinct feeling like she was flirting with me.

landonorris: Getting there! Thank you for asking Miss Hill 🙂

lottiehill: have to check in with the nations blue eyed boy, dont i 😏

landonorris: me the nations blue eyed boy? The irony of that coming from you! I very much appreciate it though!

landonorris: And good luck with the start of your tour!

lottiehill: thank you darling 🙂 i hope to see you at the UK show?

lottiehill: take care of yourself in the race this weekend 🙏

landonorris: i would love to!

landonorris: And thank you, you as well ❤️

lottiehill:❤️

I sit and smile to myself while i screenshot the chat to the boys, and if i' being honest, i feel electrified. One of the biggest stars in the world dm'd me.

🏎️The Boyz🏎️

Carlos: As if she called you darlin! I am dead and deceased for you lando so god knows how you feel!!!

Max: aww, she seems so sweet! I loke how she didnt pester you! Also: the love hearts?👀

DannyRic: Lottie Hill confirming she's perfect? Lando's won at life

Me: currently reporting from the grave🥵

I finally get ready for bed feeling super giddy, reading the messages over and over and scrolling (stalking) through Lottie's Instagram. Finally, I settle in ready for my early morning interview with Capital Breakfast.