Jason and Hana went back to the event. Scott went ahead of me to the elevator. I was about to follow when Matt stopped me.

"Hey, it's been a while," he said with a warm smile.

"Yeah. How is it going?" I asked. Matt took a step closer and opened his mouth.

"Sapph! Elevator is here."

Phew. Saved by my brother. Sometimes Scott could be unexpectedly sharp. I gave Matt an apologetic smile. "We'll talk later."

He nodded and gave me a wave.

Matt had asked me out before. We'd gone on a couple of dates. But nothing more than that. I'd declined his offer for another date, and every time we met, he made it clear he would've liked to take me out again.

After seeing Hunter, I didn't particularly want to deal with him.

Scott and I took the elevator down alone.

"You okay?" Scott mumbled, leaning against the side wall.

I ignored his question. "What was that about?"

Scott shrugged and looked away. "I just didn't like seeing him here."

"Why? Because I'm here as well?" I asked. Scott pursed his lips. I shook my head. "I'm a big girl, Scott. It's been ten years, for God's sake."

"Whatever," he mumbled.

The elevator door opened, saving him from a lecture. There was no life in the underground parking lot. The lights flickered as we made our way to Scott's car, the only sound our footsteps.

We turned, and Scott's car came into view. I stopped. Next to me, Scott cursed and took a step forward. "I told you to get the fuck out of here, didn't I?"

"Scott," I said, pulling his arm back.

Hunter was leaning against Scott's car. He tucked something in his pocket and straightened, looking at me.

"Can we talk?" he asked.

I hated that the sound of his voice still made my heart stutter.

"What is there to talk about?" Scott asked, shrugging off my hold. "You think you can just waltz in here and pick up where you left off? Do you have any idea what she's been through-"

"Scott!"

My brother snapped his mouth shut. He looked back at me.

"Wait for me in the car, please," I mumbled. He set his jaw. "Scott..."

He stalked past Hunter to the car, bumping roughly into his shoulder. Hunter watched him go with a dark look.

"What did you want?" I asked, pushing my hands in my faux-fur coat.

Hunter turned to me and tucked his hands in the pockets of his slacks, rounding his shoulders. I guess some habits didn't change. I was hit by the urge to cry and smile at the same time.

I took him in. He looked bigger. Bigger than I remembered and bigger than I saw on screen. He had cauliflower ear on his left ear. There was a small scar running down his right eyebrow. His hair was longer as well, curling at his nape, and he looked... darker, angrier.

I guess I wasn't the only one who'd changed.

Hunter ran his gaze over my features. Did his expression soften, or was it just my wishful thinking? I must be delusional.

Hunter opened his mouth. Then closed it. He looked to the side and blew out a deep breath.

"I'd like to see you again."