𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘕𝘐𝘕𝘌

Start from the beginning

"What did it mean?" He uttered. Raina who stayed silent continued to stare down at the wooden desk of the vanity.

"You know exactly what it meant." She whispered and K felt his heart soar and fall to the pit of his stomach at the very same time. He had been waiting, craving, desiring this moment for years yet he didn't know how to react, his mind went blank and any words he thought he'd say at this moment left him. Without thinking K walked forward until he was only a couple of feet from her, gazing at her.

"Say it." He said and Raina for the first time since they entered this room, looked up and at him through the mirror. Tears brimmed her beautiful eyes.

"I-I can't." She weakly said as she shook her head, K clenched his jaw and shook his head.

"Don't give me that. Don't. Not after you wrote a whole fucking song and sang it in front of thousands of people. In front of me. You weren't scared then, so you have no reason to be scared now." He seethed out, desperation curling his voice. Raina shook her head more vigorously this time.

"I can't!" She exclaimed and K had enough.

"Why!?" He yelled back, throwing his arms in the air before glaring back at her.

"Why can't you just fucking say you love me? Is it so fucking hard for you? We both know it, hell the fucking world knows it! So why?" He argued, his voice heavy, his brows pulled taunt in anger.

"Because I'm leaving!" Raina finally yelled back, spinning around to face him. Her words stunned K into silence, frozen.

"We leave tonight! That's why I can't say it! How can I when I can't stay?!" She exclaimed brokenly, she glared and turned back to the mirror. It remained deathly quiet until K let out the smallest sigh, his shoulders slumped as if the world he had been carrying on them had finally crushed him.

"You can Raina." He whispered equally as broken.

"It doesn't matter that you're leaving. Please just say you love me. Please." he pleaded, stepping closer to her. She stared at him through the mirror, the room completely silent.

"K I can't say that, I can't be with you, knowing tonight. I'll be the one leaving you." She quietly spoke, her eyes never leaving him but her body never turning to face him again, all he did was smile at her. a smile that both held happiness and heartbreak.

"Then when the time comes, you can break my heart the same way I broke yours." He spoke just as quietly, taking one single step closer to her. A tear ran down her cheek.

"That's just it...If I let myself have you, even for a moment. the moment I'm on that plane, I won't just be breaking your heart. I'll be breaking my own." Raina stared at him hard.

"Don't follow K. Please don't follow me." With that, Raina walked past him and out of the room, she could hear him calling out for her but when she saw Changkyun step past her in K's path. Raina swallowed thickly and continued to walk, she could faintly hear the two men talking, their voices slightly raised but she blocked it out and made her way to the van that sat outside.

She saw her boys all waiting for her outside of the car.

"Raina please!" She heard K plead, she heard the cobblestones shift from under his feet. K grabbed her wrist and turned her to face him, she could see the tear stains on his cheeks, his hair falling on his forehead covering his eyes ever so slightly, she saw a silently upset Haru who stood just a few feet away, his heart breaking at his best friend.