5| Lost brother

"Still don't know my nameYou still don't know my name"

You still don't know my name"

She purposely passed the days her new home. She learned how to cook, Ryan meant cook as in anything potato. But, she did cook bacon and that may have end up starting on fire. To which, Emmett rushed the flaming pan outside. But she still cooked the bacon, and it sure as hell wasn't raw. The nice thing about learning how to adult was the fact that she couldn't give Emmett food poisoning, that was one less thing he had to worry about. But she worried about it for herself daily. She made her bed every morning, even if the sheets were roughed up within a few hours, she didn't remake it. That would be stupid. She was slowly adulting, it wasn't great but she was. Initially she was worried the sleeping situation would be weird. Emmett didn't sleep, but he played with her hair and rubbed her back until she dozed off, and during that time Emmett did whatever he did. Ryan didn't care, as long as he wasn't messing with her. It was like the game you play at sleepovers where the first one to fall asleep gets their face drawn on, Ryan always lost yet never had penises drawn on her forehead. She was impressed that he wouldn't do that to her because if the roles were flipped, she sure as hell would. He would have massive dicks all over his face.

"You can only hole up in here for so long- your brother won't stop calling the house." Emmett sighed, cuddling into the girl. He placed his chin on her warm stomach. "He's worried about you."

"I just don't know what to say to him." Ryan sighed, chucking a pillow onto the floor. "But that isn't new. I don't ever know what to say, so I hide. Typical Ryan."

"Maybe you need a beach day." Emmett mumbled into her soft skin. "Hangout with your pack, have fun, laugh."

"Are you trying to kick me out?"

"No." He said quickly. "Never, this is amazing. I love every moment with you- but there is a football game."

"Jasper and Carlisle are waiting on you, aren't they." Ryan giggled. "Fine, I'll get my ass out of here." She headed for her closet, grabbing the perfectly folded black bathing suite. She threw it on, ignoring the whistle from behind her. Emmett was only a part time gentlemen. "They have a bonfire going by the cliff." He placed a soft kiss along her temple. She grabbed her bag before heading for the front door.

"Take the jeep." He called, tossing the keys to her. She caught them with a huge grin. "Please be careful with her, pup."

"I'll do my best." She headed for the black jeep. Emmett washed the stupid thing daily. She knew this was his baby, should she be jealous of a stupid automobile. No. But it didn't mean she wasn't.

She hopped in, starting it before peeling off to La push. This was her first time driving the thing. She didn't drive much, her brother didn't make much money, she didn't have a job just yet, although with how things were looking she would need to get one. She never had her own car, the Uley's just couldn't afford that. So she either travelled by thumb or by wolf. Thumb was off the table, Emmett forbade that. Typically if he ever tried to tell her not to do I something, she would've laughed in his face. He didn't control her, she was her own damn person. But he had a point, it was dangerous. That was the one thing she agreed to stop doing. So Emmett was her ride, he didn't mind lugging her around, but she didn't like how dependent her travels depended on him.