"GET SET...GO!" And with that, both swimmers were off, diving gracefully into the water at the sound of the whistle.

Despite you paying most of your attention to the Samezuka first-year swimmers, you couldn't help but glance at your classmates from time to time. You quietly drew a neat line towards the bottom of the notepad, designating that section solely for the Iwatobi swimmers as they each took their marks.

Makoto Tachibana - Excellent form for the most part, dive start needs improving, tighten elbows for FC, arms stretch more optimal stroke, foot placement off at flip turn

Nagisa Hazuki - Great dive start, str—

"HEY, I SAID NEXT SWIMMER!" Mikoshiba growled.

You jolted violently at the sudden noise, the pencil in your hand etching a full mark across your notes. Your brows furrowed in annoyance.

'You would think that he'd have paid attention by now,' you thought as you stared at the blue-haired first-year. Your eyes suddenly narrowed. Something was off. You don't know what exactly, but you could feel it. You stared at Ryugazaki's trembling form from the corner of your eye as he eventually made his way to the diving block.

"ON YOUR MARKS..."

You stared appraisingly at his figure, your eyes peering attentively over his entire figure, looking for any possible source causing your unease as simultaneously you added another entry to your notepad.

"GET SET..."

Rei Ryugazaki - Excellent form, needs to adjust footing and leg position,

*fweet*

Never in their entire years of living, had anyone ever seen a dive so...unrefined. Okay, that was probably a lie, but STILL. Both members of the Samezuka and Iwatobi swim club stared wide-eyed and mouth opened like a fish out of water as Rei flopped into the water. What on earth had they just witnessed?

Absolute silence. The only sound remotely present was the other divers traversing their way to the other end of the pool.

There were no bubbles in the water where he landed. Before anyone could get over their initial shock, a long whistle erupted from the side of the pool.

"EVERYONE OUT OF THE POOL!"

The swimmers stared wide-eyed as the white-haired male dove into the pool. Within seconds, he easily rose with Ryugazaki, who immediately entered a violent coughing fit, desperate to circulate oxygen back into his lungs.

Gou's eyes widened in disbelief. She shook her head frantically as if to wake herself from a reverie. What on earth was that? She followed her fellow classmates as Rei was situated carefully against the wall.

"Are you okay, Ryugazaki?" the stranger asked. The track and field student said nothing, not even bothering to look up. He only gave a weak, noncommittal nod as his head sank lower in embarrassment.

Gou watched as he draped a towel loosely over their newest member's shoulders and returned his glasses, looking over his hunched figure once more before walking off to address the Samezuka team. Just who is he? That dive...

"Hey, is he alright?" Nitori asked as you approached, his brows furrowed in concern. You nodded.

"Are you alright?"

You glanced at the Samezuka swim team captain as he stared into his eyes, a knowing look crossing his features. You shook your head from your previous thought, clearing your throat. "I'm fine, just...nothing." You tried to ignore the intense stares you received from the two, especially the red-haired third-year next to you.