After Party

3rd person?-

The game was getting heated. Grass stained players uniforms as they hit the ground roughly, sliding across it. Some injured, some stood their ground. Nick could not.

"Shit Nicky you aight?" Frankie shouted above the noise of the crowd. Nick had fumbled the ball, he was tackled hard to the floor by a nearly 7'0 man on the other team.

"I'm fine!" Nick said with a grin, gripping Frankie's gloved hand. Football was his favorite part about school, the only reason he tried. Not only that, but he shared his love with his friends and brothers. The team was like family.

Even with the glove on- Nick still felt static between the two of their hands. Head over heels.

He told himself to focus on the game, play his hardest.

"Good luck. Get that touch down man." Frankie said, patting Nicks shoulder pad. The ball was being given to their team - the Weston Trojans.

Nicks blood ran cold, he shivered from anxiety. Though it was his happiest time, it was quite stressful. He breathed through his nose, out through his mouth. A whistle was blown.

Frankie ran towards Nick, passing the ball lightly. The rest of the team attempted to guard Nick, tackling the other team's player's ruthlessly. Matt helped Chris tackle the 7'0 guy. Nate ran off the other direction.

Nick reached the touch down line. Frankie hugged him tightly. Nate, Matt, and Chris slapped Nicks helmet.

The Trojans missed the kick, but they were still in the lead by at least 20 points. The rest of the game, everyone endured helmets being slapped in appreciation. Chris jumped fully over Nate.

With only a minute to spare, Nate was thrown the ball. Another player was running at him full speed until he was dragged down by another Trojan player. Nate smiled wildly, making a touchdown.

Frankie put his face mask to Nicks, smiling. He grabbed the back of his helmet.

They won the game, 46 points!

"Hellllll yeah!" Chris and Nate shouted in unison, high-fiving practically everyone they saw. They walked farther into the school hallway. Matt and Chris hugged happily. The coach congratulated them.

"You all played great out there!" He said with a grin, shaking their hands.
"You all get changed, we'll head out to the party soon." He continued, leaving to his car.

"Party?" Frankie asked with a grin, turning towards Nick.

"Yeah! My mom suggested it, she and some other moms rented out a place." Nick said , taking off his helmet and placing it gingerly in his locker.

"That tackle fucked up my side." Nick laughed, his hair falling back as he took off the rest of his uniform. Other teammates were in the bathroom showering.

Frankie looked down at his stomach and up again.  "I'll tell your mom that Im thankful for the party."

"You won't be seeing my mom."

"i'll be seeing her in bed tonight, what do you mean?" Frankie giggled, changing into his hoodie.

—-

"I had a lot of fun tonight." Nick said, leaning close to Frankie. The two of them aren't huge fans of parties, so they migrated outside to a bench. Free of the noise, only staring at the shining stars.

"You say that every time." Frankie said back, putting his arm around Nick.

"I mean it every time—" Nick began. He placed his hand on his own leg, tapping his fingers.

"It was different this time. Still fun, but different." Nick finished his sentence , reminiscing on when Frankie put their helmets together. He never did something like that before, but oh how Nick loved it. He leaned further into Frankie.

Their romantic tension grew strong between them. You could cut it with a knife. Nick looked at Frankie's eyes that stared at Nicks lips.  They turned behind them to see a window. Frankie took Nicks hand to the other side of the building.

Nick grabbed Frankie's hips and pushed him against the wall.

"You don't understand how long i've waited to kiss you." Nick said, his lips meeting Frankie's pink ones.

Nick pulled away. "That helmet shit you pulled today had me weak." He said with a smile, going back in to kiss Frankie.

"Woah.." a voice from the side came. Nick and Frankie scrambled off each other. Frankie looked up to see Nate's shocked face.

"Shit i knew you were gay but damn, one of my best friends?" Nate asked Frankie, shaking his head with a smile.

"Well I came looking for y'all because coach bought us presents. You can get down and dirty later." Nate said, trudging inside. Frankie and Nick followed, trying not to laugh.

-

guys.. ofc i didn't reread. ignore any mistakes tbh. i'm sorry for the inconsistency but imma be totally honest with y'all - i'm lazy as hell & dont feel like writing nothing rn. Also i've been a bit inactive on wattpad so i'm sorry if i haven't been voting/reading yalls stories. ily all 🫶🫶🫶, ty for reading.

-

(ignore the patriots 💀💀)