oneshot #17 - chicken

*they play the game chicken in a lake/river*

*this story will be short, fast-paced, & simple bc listen i'm busy rn i cant write too long rip*

*yes frankie has abs bc why not, it's irrelevant but whatever*

POV 3rd person:

The lake made beautiful sounds as they traveled past it. The group walked in silence until Chris barged in.

"Guys! we should play chicken!" He said with a grin plastered deeply on this face. His eyes wrinkled at the corners.

"I'm too hungry for that." Madi said, setting up their picnic table.

"Okay we'll do it after then!" Chris continued, unpacking with her. Matt stayed off to the sit by the public grill. Larri stayed with him, prepping the grill with spray.

Nick watched them attempt to grill with amusement.

"I bet they're going to ask for my help." Nick giggled to Nate.

"1." Nate said, beginning a count.

"2." Frankie jumped in.

"3." Nick finished.

"Nicolas! Help me!" Matt said with frustration, slamming down the metal spatula.

"Don't be a little baby, i'm coming." Nick yelled back, shaking his head.

"He's such a mom." Frankie told Nate, Nate nodded his head. They walked over to the table together. Matching each others steps.

"Always has been. Did I tell you about that one time in hockey?" Chris jumped into their conversation. Madi laughed. Franke shook his head with confusion.

"Oh, I remember this one." Madi laughed along as Chris told them the story of when Nick punched a kid in hockey.

"Damn! I better watch what I say then." Frankie laughed, looking over at Nick.

Everyone was in their bathing suits. Most of the swim trunks had hawaiian patterns. The boys were bare chested. Frankie didn't want to admit it, but he couldn't stop staring at Nick.

"Y'know—- Franklin, I never knew you had abs." Larri yelled over his shoulder, trying to keep an eye on the burgers.

Nick turned around checked out said abs, almost automatically looking away. (A/N I mean Damn, Frankie/playboi carti is hot ok)

—-

They ate and immediately got into the water.

"Fuck chicken." Madi said, crossing her arms. "No way in hell am I getting on one of yall."

"You can be a judge." Larri said, waving her over to the side.

"You sure it isn't just because you can't swim?" Chris asked.

"Chris! don't expose her!" Nick defended Madi.

The pairs consisted of: Matt and Larri, Nate and Chris, and Frankie and Nick.

"Frankie if you fucking dare to drop me i'm going to fight you." Nick said, climbing onto Frankie.

"Oh you'll be fine!" Chris said with an unbeatable smile, holding up his best friend.

"We're gonna win." Matt whispered to Larri.

"Alright! and...." Madi began, getting into an umpire stance.

"Go!"

They were quick to run to each other, slapping at their hands. Nate got a good push on Matt, but they didn't dare to fall. Nick was ruthless, punches left and right.

"Catch these damn hands." Nate said, pushing Nick off Frankie. He plunged deep, followed by a splash. Frankie grabbed his hand.

"Damn!" Nick said, shaking his head. He rubbed his eyes with his damp hands.

"We did great." Frankie reassured. He patted Nicks back, taking him out the water.

"One out!" Madi said, blowing an imaginary whistle.

Chris walked towards Larri and pushed. Larri barely moved, but Matt was pushed off him easily by Nate.

"Hell yeah!" Nate yelled above.

"We have a winner!" Madi screamed for the whole lake to hear.

—-

twinote:

-

-