you glanced over at izuku who stood about three feet away from you. the boy was folding the paper in his hand, he looked nervous and uncomfortable. you haven't seen izuku look that way since first year.

you looked down at the ground in guilt. you had only broke up with izuku to prevent anything from getting between you and your best friend, but you never thought about how much you had actually ended up hurting izuku in the process.

that was never your intention.

"mido-"

"okay... you two are up next..."

you looked over at aizawa, his eyes were blood shot. it was clear he did not want to be there. you could tell just by the tone of his voice.

both you and izuku walked into the forest, following the path. naturally, you ended up falling behind izuku. but every time a staff member from mirko's agency popped out from the bushes, you found yourself moving a little closer.

'that's it.' annoyed by the vulnerability of darkness, you brought a star down to illuminate the way.

it wasn't until then that you had realized that izuku had stopped. but it was too late, you had already bumped into the boy. you stumbled back a couple of steps and released the star.

"midoriya... are you...?"

you heard the boy sigh. "midoriya?"

you looked up at izuku's back. it only felt right that you called him by his family name. you no longer had the privilege to call him by his given name.

"yeah... midoriya..."

you watched as his body quickly tensed up.

the two of you stood in silence for what felt like a minute. it wasn't until izuku's eyes caught something in the distance. without saying a word, he walked towards it and in a trance, you followed him.

the boy patted the space next to him and you sat down next to him. the moonlight shined off of the river and when your eyes met, you could see the reflection of the moon in his eyes.

but that same gaze, it was too intricate for you to decipher.

"this, it reminds me of our nights on the roof."

you looked up at the stars, smiling slightly. space always gave you peace of mind. "it really does."

izuku sighs, running a hand through his hair. "that day... you never did let me speak y/n."

your smile falls. you already knew that. if you had let him speak that day, just the sound of his voice could have convinced you to come back.

"i–"

"so i'm going to. whether you like it or not."

your gaze met the flowing river but you nodded. just like the water that was running, there was nothing you could do to stop this from happening.

"i thought about it, and now i know. it's uraraka, isn't it?"

just as you looked up at izuku, the boy looked into your eyes for confirmation. you sighed and nodded once again, turning your head away.