"y/n, you coming?"

returning your gaze back to katsuki, you nodded and headed towards his direction.

you glanced one last time in izuku's direction. the look on his face hadn't changed.

as soon as the two of you left, you talked it out and decided that you wanted to go for a walk down the beach. the whole way there, katsuki's snarky remarks towards everyone and everything continued to make you laugh. you didn't know why he was being so outgoing with you. maybe it was out of pity, but you didn't care. he was comfortable during an uncomfortable time.

"i'm going to be insensitive, but i'm really curious."

you playfully rolled your eyes. "you're always insensitive, it's nothing new."

katsuki shoved you so hard that you almost fell down. you looked back at him in disbelief, but he acted like nothing happened.

you cleared your throat and recollected yourself. "so what was it you wanted to ask?"

"how much time do you have left?"

you looked over at katsuki. surprisingly, his eyes were filled with expectancy. like he was expecting a long amount of time. "how long until we graduate?"

"6 months," the boy glanced over at you, confused by your question, "why?"

"that's how long."

the air was quiet for some time. the two of you continued in silence as you made your way down to the front of the beach. with one look, you both sat down in front of the ocean, occasionally dipping your feet in the water, and making stupid drawings in the sand.

"why?"

you looked over at katsuki as he broke the silence. "why won't you tell anyone?"

you tightened your hands, feeling the gravel from the sand poke at your palms. katsuki continued. "i hate deku as much as the next person, but honestly, i think what you're doing is a bit f*cked up, y/n."

"bakugo–"

"let me finish."

you nodded. it was unusual the tone he was talking to you in. no malicious intent, nor any judgment. he was truly just speaking his thoughts, trying to understand you.

"i've thought about it the whole way here, but it doesn't make sense to me. so please explain."

you took a deep breath, thinking about everything that had ran though your head this whole while. was what you were doing really right?

no, katsuki was telling the truth, it really was f*cked up.

"i mean, it's not like everyone stays connected after high school. we all go our own separate ways–"

"this isn't going your own way y/n! you'll be f*cking dead! do you just refuse to acknowledge that fact?!"

"YES! I DO!" you turned your face away trying to hide your watering eyes. "i will be dead. after HIGH SCHOOL, i'll be dead. i won't get to graduate from college, be a hero's sidekick, open my own agency as a pro, or attend high school reunions. ...i won't even be able to get married..."