the next day came and to the class' surprise, aizawa had summoned everyone to the hall for a meeting.

you groaned and rolled out of bed. you could only hope that it was a small speech that would let you go back to the comfort of your bed.

"surprise training!" aizawa said in his most unenthusiastic voice. your face– along with the 20 other students– dropped. there was no way that ua had decided to give you training during a class trip.

"honestly," aizawa ruffled his hair, "i'm as distraught as you all. but it was mic who suggested it to the principal, and he agreed."

with that, numerous pairs of resentment filled eyes landed on mic. but before anyone could fully take their anger out on the blond, aizawa stepped back in. "but since i do what i want, we're not training."

the class cheered.

"we are, however, doing a scavenger hunt. so get with your partners and line up. everyone will have a different list, so no cheating will be involved."

the students muttered in disbelief. doing nothing would have been perfect, but a scavenger hunt is better than training.

you were going to go looking for katsuki but he already found you before you even moved from your spot.

"hey."

"hi."

the two of you walked in awkward silence to grab your list. you looked down at the list and the first thing was an apple. but it had to be attached to the branch it came from.

you scanned the rest of the list only to come across a pattern. the items were simple, but very specific.

"shampoo, but it has to be red, strawberry scented, with glitter?!" mina screeched. "sensei, what is this?!"

aizawa shrugged. "a list to keep you guys out of my face for the next few hours. and by the way, completion is mandatory. or no dinner."

denki groaned. "seriously?! first we have to make our own food every night and now you're telling me that we won't even get to eat the food we make? what's the point then?!"

"good point," aizawa said, "first ones to win get to skip on dinner prep and have access to whatever part of the area they want."

it was silent for a minute until the class erupted into cheers before rushing out. there were some stragglers left behind including you and katsuki.

and izuku.

the dust cleared and like a reflex, your eyes locked. it was only for a few seconds until you broke the stare; grabbing katsuki's arm, you walked away.

once you stepped outside, you let go and focused your attention on the list.

"i think we should head to the forest. i'm pretty sure that i saw some apple trees on our way here."

"what was that?"

you looked over at katsuki, continuing to play dumb. "what was what?"

"the nerd. he looked more pathetic than usual."

katsuki glanced over at you and took a closer look at your face. "you do too. are those eyebags?"