you gasped, throwing your hands over your face. "love?!!"

being in disbelief would be saying it lightly. had you really been in love with izuku midoriya this whole time?

but that was over now, cause in the end, none of that proved to matter. the love you had for each other didn't stop others from getting hurt in the crossfire. so you made up your mind to let him go. it was the right thing to do.

the night fell and the sun shone on your face once again. your right eyelid opened first, then your left. you looked around, rubbing them awake, only to see that you were left alone in the room.

'did they not come back?' you thought. but that wasn't the truth.

the room looked like someone had been in there. but without getting the opportunity to process your thoughts, you smelt the buttery flavor and savoriness of breakfast.

your stomach grumbled, reminding you that you hadn't had a good meal in a couple of days because of everything that was going on. so much like a moth drawn to a flame, you followed the smell of the goods. there you met katsuki in the kitchen, cooking, and wearing an apron.

"morning." he spoke.

you took one look down at his apron to make sure you were seeing things correctly. "kiss the chef?"

katsuki grumbled. "it was the only one around! mirko likes weird sh*t."

you agreed. mirko did have many weird things as decor around.

"so uh..." you looked around, seeing if anyone else would be nearby, "where's izu–"

"deku? yeah he and the other extras took an early morning trip down to the beach. something about the sun and it being nice outside. i don't know, didn't listen much. pancakes?"

you nodded and took a seat down at the table. "so... do you know who went with him?"

katsuki set a plate down in front of you with three large and fluffy pancakes on them covered in your favorite toppings. "yeah i do. it was floater, half n half, speedy, creation girl, and the frog. how do you like your eggs?"

"scrambled, but not runny."

katsuki said an airy 'okay' before heading back to the kitchen. and in less than 5 minutes, he had whipped up your eggs and set them down on the side. "okay, try them."

you took the first bite out of the pancakes. they were even better than you had imagined. everything was soft and fluffy and so flavorful too. they were so good that you could eat the pancake by itself.

you were about to compliment his cooking when katsuki stopped you. "wait, try the eggs too."

you complied and cut into the egg. you took at bite and were immediately in awe. the texture was perfect and the taste was even better. the food melted in your mouth and you didn't even need any additions of salt and pepper, it was seasoned perfectly.

"this is so good!" you exclaimed.

"really?"

"really!"

you watched as the boy covered his mouth trying to hide a smile, but you saw it anyway.

"you really have a talent for this." you said, continuing to scarf down the food.

katsuki laid his head down on the table. "ya think? hmm... if i didn't become a hero– which would never happen– i think my next best option would to become a chef."

continuing on, the blond mumbled. "it's people like you who enjoy my food so much that makes me want to actually purse it."

"then do it."