Chapter 6- Great Listener

{Previously}

"And we aren't love birds, you know that he's engaged." I say as I turn to Lando "You might as well be since Max isn't getting married anymore." Lando said as he shrugged, and I look at both of them with complete shock "What?!" were the only words that I could get out.

...

Max' POV

"I never said that!" I quickly say as I give Lando a questioning look "So you and Kelly are still getting married?" Daniel asks "Yes?" I say as a response "Sounds like you are questioning it." he says and well, I am questioning it.

"No, we are getting married." I say to Daniel "But then why did Lando say you weren't?" Daniel asks and I actually want to know the same thing because he promised not to say anything.

"Because Max said he was having doubts." Lando said "Lando!!" I yell at him, he apologizes and explains that it just slipped out. "So you don't want to marry Kelly as much as you wanted too?" Daniel asks and I try to think of what to say.

"Well I still reeeeally want to marry her so I don't know what Lando meant." I say to him, trying to convince him, and myself that my words are true. "But you said-" Lando started saying but I cut him off and give him a death stare "I. Said. Nothing."

"But-" Lando tried speaking.

"No buts!" I cut him off "Haha, butts." Lando said with a smile, and it makes me let out a slight laugh but then I go back to being serious. "Now is not the time Lando." I say to him, and he apologizes. "Okay so wait, are you and Kelly getting married or not?" Daniel asks me.

"We are getting married...Saturday." I say to him, and he looks shocked and surprised "So soon!?" he asks "How did I know that it's Saturday and you didn't?" Lando asks Daniel and that's actually a good question "I don't kno- you know what, it doesn't matter." Daniel says and I ask him if Saturday is too early.

"Well, I don't know, it is in like, a week. Today is what? Sunday?" Daniel asks "Yeah, it's Sunday." Lando replies and we both tell him that it is probably best if he stays out of this conversation, and he agrees and walks up to his room. "So yeah, in like a week or what." I say to Daniel "I mean, if you love someone then time doesn't really matter." Daniel says. Yeah, if you love someone...

"Anyways, I can't remember if I asked you or not, but do you want to be my best man?" I ask him with a smile on my face. "I can't remember it either but I'm not sure, I might have plans Saturday." Daniel says but I'm desperate to have him there "We can change the date! I really want you at my wedding!" I quickly say to him.

"It's not necessary, you can have the wedding on Saturday I just won't be able to be there." he said as he shrugs but I need him there. "But... I need you there." I say to him, and he looks down to the floor.

"I am really sorry, I'll see you on Friday though." he says, that's not good enough for me.

"It's not good enough, I need you." I tell him and he just repeats and says that he can't come, maybe it's because of Kelly. "Why not? Is it because of Kelly?" I ask him "No, well yes. No, no, of course not." he says but I find it hard to believe.

"Then why did you say yes?" I ask him and he says that he is just used to it "Yeah sure. Great, to top this all off, now I can't ask Lando to be one of my groomsmen." I say to him, and he immediately looks back up to me. "You were going to ask him to be one of your groomsmen??" he asks very surprised "Lando is a great guy, I would've loved for him to be one of my groomsmen."

"You can still ask him." Daniel told me and I tell him that I can't, and he questions me on why I can't "Because it'll be weird to have my best friend's brother at the wedding, but my best friend is missing." I explain to him "Okay fine, I'll come." he said, and I have a big smile on my face and I go to hug him.