Chapter 5- Someone else?

{Previously}

"Never mind." I say as I go sit on top of Daniel, our faces rather close to each other. "Hi." Daniel says softly "Hi." I reply to him in the same tone. I check the time to see that it just turned 00h00 "Happy birthday, Ricciardo." I say in a soft tone with a smile as I cup his cheeks and pull him in for a kiss.

...

Daniel's POV

"Thank you, Max." I say as I put our foreheads together and we stay like this for a few minutes, it was peaceful, until I got a message on my phone. I slightly move away just to grab my phone.

One new message from Lil' Lando 😎

"Who's that?" Max asks me "You're so curious, Maxy." I say, "Of course I am, I'm your best friend." he says as he smiles "Well, it's Lando." I reply to him "I thought he was already asleep?" Max questions and I tell him that I thought the same thing. I check his messages to see what's up.

 I check his messages to see what's up

"What was that about?" Max asks me and I show him the text messages "That's sweet

"What was that about?" Max asks me and I show him the text messages "That's sweet." he says as he looks up from my phone "I actually didn't think that you would remember my birthday if I'm being honest." I say to him, and he looks at me as if he is hurt "I'd never forget your birthday, whether we haven't talked in 3 days or 3 years." he tells me with a small smile, and I can't help but smile as well.

"I have an idea!" he quickly says he gets up and grabs a blanket and two pillows. "What are you doing with that? What is your idea?" I ask him "You'll see, let's go downstairs." Max said to me as he motions to the door, and we head downstairs and outside.

"What are we doing here?" I ask Max and he just tells me to help him with the blanket. "Okay, how must I help with that?" I ask him and he just smiles and shakes his head.

"Help me lay this down." he says "On the grass? Really?" I ask him, trying to be annoying but it clearly doesn't work as he just smiles at me and replies with "Yes Ricciardo, on the grass." So I just help him with the blanket.

"Now put down the pillows, please." Max throws one of the pillows to me.
"You have too much control over me, Verstappen." I say with a smile as I put the pillows down. "Of course I do, Ricciardo. Now lay down." Max says to me as he goes to lay down on the blanket.