STEP 1:

January 23rd, 2023:

Don't stalk a girl in the comments section of a book and completely freak out when she follows back and sends you a private message.

Okay, so...

I met a cute girl today.

I mean technically I can't say she's cute. We met through a book on Wattpad meaning we don't have our real pictures, HOWEVER, I have a very good feeling about her.

Plus she's read my bio.

Yup, that's what I said.

Before that I was already excited cause I found her profile in the comments section of a book, followed her and she followed me back. Not gonna lie, my reaction was the same as if my favorite artist had liked my post.

When she texted me for the first time then...

I cringe whenever I remember but I couldn't help but squeal like a teenager receiving a message from her biggest crush.

Mind you, I'm a 23 young woman therefore I should be pass that phase of being all giggly and having so many butterflies in my stomach because of a simple text. Especially if it's from a total stranger.

I don't know how I managed to hide that reaction from my mom and brother. The only thing I remember from that day was her messages popping up on my screen and me being too shocked to reply.

I was like "There's no fucking way this girl wanna talk to me...

What do I do now?

Text back.

I mean duh, I know. Then what?

Wait for her reply?

But what if my English is too broken and she thinks I'm dumb?

You'll never get better if you let your fears prevent you from practicing. And if she really thinks that, fuck her.

Not literally.

Okay, but I don't wanna embarrass myself in front of her.

Neither do I.

Well, that's very reassuring.

I know.