17 - Old Whispers

Start from the beginning

The world was bustling with life, flare in the sky, and food all and about

Shido: "Welcome to the 25th Annual Ten-oh Festival!"

Clusters of maids are arranged into colors of pink, light blue, yellow, purple, and cyan, bearing the flame of ecstatic trolling and/or intellectual energy within their very eyes.

Shido: "This is your Head Butler, Shido Itsuka, and let's absolutely pulverize the competition knobheads!"

He begins listing off the colors and their personalities.

Shido: "Enthusiastic Sadists! Conflicted Tsunderes! Lolicon-hunting Imoutos! Manhunting Onee-sans! And both true and trap Idols! Whatever motives you have, express yourselves, let 'em fucking have it!"

The doors open to their supposedly modest maid cafe, but for such an allegedly modest place, there was such a large sum of workers. Male customers start to gain more interest as they see the types of maids this fine establishment offers.

While most of the male staff were relegated to either cooking, logistics, or managerial tasks, some maids could take those roles if they wanted to.

Shido: "I daresay..."

Shido attends to a pair of one of the few girls who decided to go into a maid cafe.

Shido: "Your hand looks lonely, my dear."

He holds one of the girls' hands like a gentleman butler even as they order from their seats.

Shido: "May I hold it for you~?"

Who's to say that they weren't going to spread the word about this maid cafe after being flustered like that, even forgetting that they ate their meals?

A customer slams both hands on the table after being presented with a parfait, gaining the eyes of the other customers and staff, and also Shido. Waltzing over to the customer with the sheds of charm about him, he calmly asks him.

Shido: "Is there a problem, good sir?"

"...sadist..." He weakly muttered.

Shido: "Pardon?"