Zoro pulled out his swords. "I'm not rabbit."

"That remains to be seen."

Zoro went for Mihawk, but was instantly knocked back by the tiny knife. He tired again, being knocked back even further.

"You're strong, but fighting isn't all about strength.

"Stop talking and fight."

Zoro ran back for Mihawk, swinging his swords at him.

"You're like a little frog croaking in a well. Croak. Croak. Croak."

Mihawk dodged every attack from Zoro, knocking him into the doors of the Baratie. Zoro charged for him once more, and was met with the small knife in his shoulder.

"Why don't you retreat?"

"I can't... or my dream will be lost forever."

"You're brave. I'll give you that." Mihawk pulled out the knife and Zoro stumbled back into his knees. "So I'll do you the honour of killing you with Yoru."

"Mihawk, stop," Blade pleaded.

"Silence, Miu- Blade!"

Zoro's face faltered for a second, wondering what Mihawk had almost said, but he couldn't distract himself.

"Thats more like it."

He pulled out Kuina's sword, placing it in his mouth as the two got into their fighting stance once more. They charged at each other, their blades clashing as they went right past each other.

Blade grabbed a hold of Luffy's hand. She knew the strength of Yoru. She wanted to look away as Zoro's blades shattered into pieces, but she couldn't. The third sword fell out of his mouth, leaving him weaponless on his knees. He picked it back up and stood up.

"You're defeated. Why do you persist?"

Zoro put his only remaining sword back in its sheath. "Wounds on the back the back are a swordsman's greatest shame."

"Magnificent."

Blade pulled her mask on and threw it down beside her.

"Zoro," she said, quietly, but loud enough for him to hear her.

He turned to look at her, his eyes widening when he saw her face. She'd changed, but she was still recognisable. He knew that scar on her eyebrow anywhere. He recognised those freckles, her lips, her eyes. Everything.

"Miura," he whispered, as Mihawk slashed him right across the torso. Miura was about to run to Zoro, but ran to Mihawk instead, hitting him in the chest.

"Why would you do that?" She yelled.

"He asked me to."

"You said you loved me!"

"Like a father loves a daughter."

"But no father would do this. No father would hurt his daughter's best friend even if they asked, because they'd know how much it's hurt. You don't love me, Mihawk. You loved my company, how much easier I made your job."

"My job was already easy, Miura."

"I hate you."

"You don't mean that."

"I do. With every inch of my being, I hate you."

"Very well. Roronoa Zoro, it's too soon for you to die. Grow strong and come find me. I'll be waiting."

As Mihawk walked away, Miura ran over to Zoro, kneeling by his side.

"Zoro, care you hear me? It's me, I'm alive!"

"Miura... is it really you?"

"It's really me. Those pirates, they didn't take me. I'm alive. Now you need to stay alive, too. I didn't leave you all those years, you're sure as hell not leaving me now."

"Miura. If I fail to become the world's greatest swordsman, you'll be disappointed."

"No, no... I'd never be disappointed in you, Zoro, never."

Zoro weakly lifted his arm up to the back of Miura's neck, rubbing it slightly.

"Just making sure you're real. I love you, Miura."

"I love you too, Zoro."

With that, Zoro's arm dropped to the ground and his eyes closed, finally getting some rest.

btw the ily was platonic (for now)