chapter six

i feel like it's easy to figure out but just in case, the italic parts r flashbacks. from now on every mention of the past will be a flashback. however, i may make some whole chapter flashbacks which wont be in italics but you'll still know it's a flashback bc it say how long ago it was, the italics things r just for when there's a flashback in the middle of the action.

Blade felt her eyes slowly flutter open, and her hands instantly reached for her face. She let out a relieved sigh when she realised her mask was still on, but wondered why they wouldn't take it considering it was solid gold. Maybe they didn't need it.

"They took my swords," Zoro said, before feeling his arms, his eyes growing wide before he returned to his nonchalant look, "And my bandana?"

"What's so special about a bandana?" Blade asked, although she knew. He said nothing.

"They took my rucksack," Nami groaned, "With all my navigation gear."

Luffy's hands flew to his head and he let out a sigh of relief. "They didn't talk my hat."

"Yeah, small blessings. Damn it, we've lost the map."

"No! No, we didn't. It's in a safe place." Luffy places his hand on his stomach.

"Ew." Zoro began banking on the planks of wood they were encase in. "Stop. Stop that."

"What?" Zoro asked, "I'm trying to find a way out."

"We've been captured. We need a plan."

"I don't need a plan. I just need to beat the hell out of every Marine I see."

"Hey, everyone, relax, we're fine," Luffy said.

"We're not fine," Nami said, "The Marines will throw us in jail if we're lucky, execute us if they don't."

"They're not Marines. Before I got knocked out, I saw a Jolly Roger. We've been captured by pirates."

"That's much better news."

"No, he's right," Zoro said, "Marines have training, pirates are easier to kill."

Blade let out a singular dry laugh. "Of course the pirate hunter would say that."

"I bet you're in on this whole thing."

"Why would I be in the box if I was in on it?"

"To make it seem more believable. But trust me, Blade, you're not getting this past me, I've heard stories about you."

"Then you'll know that I don't do crews. If I was in on this, you guys would be the lucky ones, because it'd probably be some sort of plan to kill this pirate crew, not you people."

"Or maybe you'd kill them and us, and take the map for yourself."

Blade nodded her head. "To be fair, that does sound like me. But no, not today. I completely stand with you on going out there and killing as many pirates as we see."

"Shanks used to say not every situation can be solved with violence," Luffy said.

"Who the hell's Shanks?" Zoro asked. Blade knew who he was, but didn't really care enough to tell Zoro. To her, he was unimportant, a low level pirate compared to her. Not that she cared about status, he was just never someone she had to look out for.

"We don't need to fight. I can talk to them. Pirate to pirate."

"That won't work," Nami said.

"Why not?"

"To start, you're not a pirate."

"Yes, I am."

"No. You are just some stretchy guy in a tattered hat."