Chapter 37.

Karden's POV:

    I didn't want the night to end. From the moment I picked Mavis up to our goodbye at the doorstep. A part of me didn't want to leave her but I saw the tiredness of her eyes and how long of a night we had.

    But I made sure she felt good before going to sleep.

    The following day, I am helping the family prepare for Aiden and Emilia's celebration. The entire estate is full of workers tidying the ballroom, the cleaning maids dusting every corner and servants decorating and moving things around.

    Exiting the ballroom, I find Damien leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

    "Someone looks...bright today."

    I shrug, avoiding him and continuing to walk down the hall.

    "I got a lot of sleep."

    He pushes off the wall and follows me, "Sleep never does that to a vampire."

I shrug, ignoring my blood beginning to boil. "I fed too."

"On someone special maybe?" He inquires, amusement in his tone.

I whirl around, grab him by the shirt and shove him into a wall. Damien holds the stupid grin on his lips even though my fisted hands are clenching his chest.

"What are you doing, huh?" I growl, looking around to make sure no one sees or hears us.

"You think I'm clueless?" He snaps, grabbing my wrists and prying them off him. I obey, dropping my arms to my sides. "All I did was smell her on you the moment you stepped inside. I hope you tossed your clothes away before Aria smells her."

"Stop talking." I hiss, shoving him once more. Damien's smile drops and he swats my arm away. "She's here."

"Don't worry, she's with Emilia." Damien tells me and my tense shoulders drop. I don't say anything and he raises his arms. "Are you going to explain?"

Without answering, I avert my eyes from his and stare at the ground. Closing my eyes, I drop the shield. The moment I feel the tug, Damien feels it too, my emotions and the bond.

"So it's true." His eyes are wide.

"It was never false." I tell him and he grins.

"Well, I always had a feeling." He pats my shoulder. "Congratulations. How are you going to tell Aria?"

"I haven't decided yet." I answer stiffly.

Damien sucks in a sharp breath and sighs, "I hope there's no bloodshed."

I stop him from walking, gripping his wrist, "You can't tell anybody."

"I won't." His eyes narrow down on me. "But I wonder how you'll explain to her about Hansen." He pauses and raises a brow, "And Jenny."

Jenny.

I'm struck by the name that he has mentioned.

A name we all know in the estate.

"I'll cross that bridge when I get there."

Damien pulls away from my hold and answers, "Hope it's a clean slate."

He begins to whistle, walking down the hall like nothing is his business.

Shaking my head, I turn the other way and take the stairs up to our chambers. I greet a few servants dusting the framed art and decorative tables against the walls. I don't know where Issy is or Aiden but they're most likely together organizing the place.