Prologue

STELLA
Five years ago

"Please be quiet I don't want Stella to hear" Mom said.

"Oh she's gonna hear alright I'll make sure she knows her mother is a whore! She needs to know while her father's out working his ass off, her mother out whoring around!" I heard my father roar at my mother.

"You"
Slap.
"Are"
Slap.
"A Slut"
Slap.

I get tired of hearing this. Everyday for the past 10 years my father hasn't ever been nice to my mother. But Why? Probably because my mother can't keep men out of her pants.

But that also doesn't make it right for my father to slap her around like that, they fight every night. They think I don't hear them fighting, but I do every night.

Instead of caring I write in my journal, they don't know my thoughts but they do know I don't want to go to school. They know I get bullied because of my looks by the girls who don't look like me, And they know boys try to grope me everyday at school instead of just asking me out. But they don't care enough to try and stop it.

So instead I write in my journal. I know I am more mature than an average 16 year old. I have double d's and I am curvy with a bubble butt. The only thing I don't have is the blonde hair and blue eyes to go with my body. I have green eyes and the blackest shade of hair you could ever see.

The only person who has ever seen me for me is Caleb, he doesn't care about my body he only cares about being my friend. He wants to hear my opinion and while not staring into my soul.

I'm pulled out of my trance when I hear screaming again.
"Matt don't do this please! I don't have anywhere to go and Stella needs me! You love me Matt I know it. We've been together for 25 years we can't give it all up over me sleeping with another man one time! Please Matt" my mother spoke, she was screaming at this point. She always lies to my father, while my dad takes work trips she's never home. She's with Steven, Steven is my mother 27 year old boyfriend. She thinks they're in love, but she doesn't want to give up my father's money and neither does Steven. For the past two years Steven and my mother go out on dates hotels so I "don't know" about him and the money adds up. I block my family out again and start writing in my journal.

Dear James,
It's been three almost four years since you died but not a day goes on when I don't think about you. You were my only sibling, and now I'm stuck with mom and dad. Mom has a boyfriend and dad knows now. I'm scared he's going to hurt me again. I know it's not my fault but I feel guilty for everything, they wouldn't even be unhappy if I hadn't killed you that day in the wreck. Mom says that it's not my fault but it is I shouldn't have been driving at 14. And I definitely shouldn't have been drinking at 14, I know I killed you. I haven't been able to get my license because I'm too scared to drive again. I just wanted to tell you that I love you always, and I'm very sorry I killed you that night. But hey, tomorrow I'm getting my license I have some money saved up and I'm getting out of here.
Dad already gave me your old car and all I have to do is wait two more weeks and I can leave. I'm going to get my own apartment so I can finish school and off to OSU I go. I know it was your dream school so I hope it lives up to the hype.

Love you always,
Ella.