2.2 - u fuckking pest!!

Start from the beginning

Tetsutetsu snarled, glaring at the boy. "This kid's unbelievably arrogant! I know you said you'd beat him, [last name]-chan, but I wanna be the one to crush him."

You patted TetsuTetsu's back. "It's alright, you can have him. I'm kinda scared of him..."

"Don't be scared, [last name]-chan! I'm sure you can take him," Tokage said, but she herself sounded a bit unconvinced.

"Lying is a sin, Tokage-chan," you sweatdropped.

Midnight cracked her whip (?) to grab everyone's attention again. "With that, we can move directly onto the first event! Onto the 'Preliminaries,' as they're called! Lots of fine folk end up choking on their tears here every year!"

You had watched clips from the previous Sports Festivals in preparation. Well, actually, it was more so watching and analyzing people with cool quirks with Izuku.

One student you fixated on was a now third-year named Amajiki Tamaki. His quirk confused you. It seemed he could make body parts from animals pop out from his own body. It was so cool. You wondered if there were certain requirements that had to be met in order for him to use his wings that he occasionally sprouted, or the bull horns that appeared on his head.

How have you not seen him around the school!? Someone with hair like that should be pretty noticeable.

You noticed that in every Sports Festival, the last event would be one-on-one battles, no matter what. That was what you were most nervous for. Combat wise, you weren't smart. Not at all. You freeze up when threatened with danger, and you don't have a very high pain tolerance either.

Almost every time you sparred with Ojiro, you lost. It was something you needed to work on.

At least you had a great reaction speed.

"This year's first round of destiny is an obstacle race!"

Thank God. As long as there weren't any obstacles in the air, you should be able to complete this easily.

The track was only around 4 kilometers, so this should be quick.

"You're allowed to do anything, as long as you stay inside of the course!"

You stood in the back, so no one would try to grab onto you to keep you on the ground. You had taken off your blue uniform jacket, as it would just be more weight while you're in the air.

"On your marks..." Your wings began to vibrate, warming up your flight muscles. "Start!"

You launched into the air and flew above the crowd. Shouto had frozen the ground, freezing most students to their spots. You were glad he pulled all the attention to himself, so most of the students wouldn't notice you flying high above them.

You could finish the race in under two minutes, but you didn't want to finish first. It would put a target on your back for the next challenge, and you would not be able to deal with that.

You needed to stay lowkey.

Your main goal was to beat Shouto and Bakugou in the race.

"YO, BROADCASTING LIVE HERE! YOU READY TO COMMENTATE, MR MUMMY MAN!!?" Present Mic screamed.

"Sure, since you dragged me here by force," a chilling voice uttered.

"[LAST NAME]'S IN THE AIR! Uh... She's sorta just hovering... OH, HERE COME THE OBSTACLES! THE FIRST BARRIERS WILL BE A ROBOT INFERNO!!"

Yeah, you easily flew over the robots.

Suddenly, you sensed something cold hurtling towards you. Ice! You rolled out of the way mid-air. Ice continued to shoot at you, but Kosei had trained you for this.