35.

"How did it go?" Koushi stood up from the chair he was sitting on as soon as he saw me leaving delivery room Sana was in.

I really wish I wouldn't go there in first place, because now I'm sure that I don't want to have kids.

Never.

"She's... okay. I think." I said, massaging my hand. It was numb after my friend squeezed the shit out of it for hours.

It felt like hours, but it was probably less than that.

Although the screen of my phone made me sure that indeed, it was a long, long time. It was almost 3.30 and I had to go to work in around four hours. Well, at this point it was better for me to stay awake. I wasn't sure if I could go to sleep right now.

Not after what I saw in there.

"God, this baby chose the worst time to get out. Monday mornings are the worst of all." I said, accepting a bottle of water and a chocolate bar Koushi got me from the vending machine down the corridor.

"So they are both fine?" He inquired as we sat down.

I took a couple of long sips from the bottle before answering. "I didn't stay long enough to know everything, but the baby was screaming, so that's good. And from what the nurses said I understand that she's healthy. Sana finally let her husband in, so she probably feels better too." I said, opening the chocolate bar and biting into it.

I didn't realize how hungry I was until now.

"And you?" He asked further and it took me a moment to think about the answer.

Besides my physical exhaustion I was pretty good. I was excited for Sana, and I couldn't wait to see her daughter when she's older.

Maybe she and my sister's second baby will be friends? Of course, it will be born in more than half year from now, but that's not a huge difference.

I shook myself from my thoughts, focusing on my boyfriend sitting next to me. "I'm good. I think I will stay here until I have to go to work. In case they need anything."

"I'll stay here too. After all, you don't have a car." He said, taking my hand in his. It was warm and soft, and when he squeezed it tighter for a second, I felt even better.

But at the same time, I suddenly felt sleepy.

"Excuse me." We both looked at the door to the delivery room. A nurse that I remembered from there waved at us and we got up from the chairs. I managed to throw the empty wrap from the chocolate bar before walking up to the woman. "Your friend asked if you could come in for a moment." She said, looking at me first, and then at Koushi.

"Both of us?" He asked, just as unsure as I was.

She just shrugged before walking back to the room. I looked at himat the same time he looked at me, but we didn't say anything. The woman was probably more tired than we were, so we decided to just follow her into the room.

Inside we were hit by the smell of blood and sweat, but now it was not as strong as minutes ago, when Sana was still giving birth. We saw her on the bed, sitting, with a soft smile on her lips. Her fiancé was sitting next to her, and she was holding the smallest baby I have ever seen.

It was probably just my memory tricking me because I remember thinking the same when I saw Ai for the first time. It wasn't as soon though, but a couple of days after Kaori went back home from hospital.

"Is she sleeping?" I whispered as me and Koushi took careful steps towards the bed.

"No, she just finished eating. Now she's just staring at her parents." Sana said as quietly as me.